What are the chances of Growth Industries being run again?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm guessing zero, but if it ever does, I'll poop my pants cause I desperately need that last ant man cover to max him out.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the reality. They should run either a boss battle, or a growth industry type event every month. Right now there are 3 boss battles and I think 3 growth industry type events. With each one you don't need to have it always bee Ant man or Chulk it could be any 4*.

This could even be a VIP only event.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Ideally, they should start running one of these style events every 2 weeks for a different 4*.

When growth industries first ran, my alliance at the time were all excited. Is this the new normal, a move away from placement only story modes? What a missed opportunity!

Maybe the reception to totally awful hulk killed the momentum, but I'd sure like to know why they never continued. I remember something about players only playing at the very beginning and end of the event?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    There's really no reason or good excuse as to why there's NOT a Gauntlet / Growth Industries / Amadeus' Inferno ( or whatever it's called ) / Howie Event ( whatever it's called ) running ALL THE TIME.

Even if it's with nonsensical, non affiliated covers.

Honestly.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    With each one you don't need to have it always bee Ant man or Chulk it could be any 4*.

Seriously, at this rate I'm NEVER gonna champ Bee Ant Man.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    23.55 percent
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I was very into a now defunct game, but that had 4 types of events that they rotated weekly: pvp, true pve, team pve, and downtime events with bonuses for recruitments and such. Whatever problems the game had , it did mean that every play style got catered to, and meant your team mean something. I really wouldn't mind something like that here, with a team event and/or special pve event every month or so.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    These guys love recycling existing content, so either the events weren't a big success, or IceIX hid them very well when he left.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    23.55 percent

I like those odds!

HUguwMdRldEtTc7IaDlVNQrGePEVEe9TOvqjbOUUM5U.jpg?w=512&s=12b2955cbcaefa97aa878e11e4cb8a04
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice to have more non-time-sensitive content that can be enjoyed at our own pace.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    KinDM wrote:
    I was very into a now defunct game, but that had 4 types of events that they rotated weekly: pvp, true pve, team pve, and downtime events with bonuses for recruitments and such. Whatever problems the game had , it did mean that every play style got catered to, and meant your team mean something. I really wouldn't mind something like that here, with a team event and/or special pve event every month or so.

So what killed that game? Are there lessons d3 could learn from their mistakes?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    some like the skins and dialogue more than me. to me they could just make a general one, call it Logan's Loaners or something and keep the same skin and just mix up the opponent teams some and use it for every dang 4* character in the game cycling through. that sounds a lot like a foundation for a ddq thing, but a longer event than a day. so many ways to do it - anything would be great.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    What killed that game: a combination of things. They introduced a new type of attack booster that had to be purchased premium, which immediately made the game f2p vs p2p, in a very measurable level. Power creep was also huge. Imagine if the latest 5* had stats 50% better than the first 5*s after about 6 months, which was consistently angering up the player base as their old stuff became second string every couple months. They made a HUGE mistake early which let some players exploit a glitch to get massive amounts of free game currency.
    The most IMPORTANT lesson to be taken from that game though is that, by the end, the power and therefore enjoyment level between veterans and new players was just too much to keep new players playing. I think we could be very very easily moving toward that now, where to advance you need a huge roster of approaching 80 characters that rotate as essentials. I think that'll be the worst risk thats running right now. That game taught me that, without a constant flow of new blood sticking with the game, any game will die out from natural attrition.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is the reality. They should run either a boss battle, or a growth industry type event every month. Right now there are 3 boss battles and I think 3 growth industry type events. With each one you don't need to have it always bee Ant man or Chulk it could be any 4*.

This could even be a VIP only event.

run it every new 4 star event so people who just want 1 4 star can have it for the next event (vip only)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time it ran I had a super rough time with a one or two cover ant-man. Second time wasn't easy but easier with a 9 or ten cover ant man.

Now fully covered and 172...still have asked to see these weekly (if not daily!) for every 4* character. I mean...Cho had one also...no one seems to be clamoring to get that back though...