I have three 5* characters now...

Options
The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Is the game going to be a write off?

Should I just sell them off?

I want to keep them to start building up their covers, but I'm Champing 3*s and have no usable 4*s yet.

Have I completely screwed myself by collecting a small number of characters I like? (No OML, they're basically useless apart from raw stats)

Any advice? O.o

I'm thinking wait and see, plus don't level them!

Any advice relating to the arcane inner workings of the game are welcome.

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just refrain from levelling them for now. If you already have some champed 3*s, they are already about the same level buffed and won't make much difference.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I cut a 2 cover cap level 285 and Phoenix level 270 because combined with my 2 cover 270 IM my scaling was making the game overly difficult . Most people will tell me I'm crazy I'm sure, but by the time I'm ready to open LT, there will be newer 5* that A) I'll be ready to collect B) I'll actually want. Phoenix is good, but psychic rapport alone is not and cap sucks. I've gotten to the top of the MMO food chain plenty of times and more often than not don't stick around much past, so 5* are not a goal of mine really.
  • Cycocivic
    Cycocivic Posts: 19
    Options
    I currently have a 2 cover lvl255 Green Gob. and 1 cover ss rostered. I planned to roster an Oml once i make a spot for it. I have 18 champed 3* with at least 5 very close to being championed. My highest 4* is a lvl 131 3/1/3 xfw(pretty powerless). My scaling is very manageable both in pve and pvp because a boosted 3* is very close to lvl 250 anyways. I say keep them but don't level them. If you feel they are affecting scaling or makes gameplay unenjoyable, sell them.
    Hth
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is why my plan in to level cap at 280 and evaluate from there. I have three 4* champions and every 5* except for Iron Man. My best is OML at 1/4/0 everyone else is 3 covers or less and pretty unusable. I was having a pretty tough time until I got my Lady Thor championed. Her level doesn't effect my scaling but her power sure is an equalizer.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just added cap after getting 2 covers for him so that makes him my third too. I have an OML waiting in the roster though only waiting on gathering enough HP to roster him.

17 champed 3 stars, so I kinda feel like I'll always have enough boosted character to negate the scaling, butnyeah, adding one is always a scary thing when your 4 star roster isn't high up.

I just can't sell the 5 stars anymore. I would have a 3 cover oml right now, if I hadn't sold the past ones because of scaling fear. Likewise I had to sell my 2 cover SS that I foolishly.level to 270 before anyone knew that the devs never correctly implemented scaling on them.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have three one-cover 5*, and so far things look okay for me. I have 17 championed 3* to go along with them. I just won't level my 5* until such time as I have some covered 4*. Which might be a while, but that's okay. It's not like I'm going to have significant covers on my 5* any time soon.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    unless you have 8+ champed 3s, opening LTs provides no benefit. save them until your roster is ready for and needs what they could bring. adding a 4th or 5th covers on xfw or susan does nothing for you. and adding 255s actually hurts you unless its that one golden cover of the old guy. and its not worth it until much later anyway.