Ai commits suicide and loses matches

Ai has lost to me in some silly ways, I would hate for me ai to do the same when I'm attacked in tourney.

Jugernaught when head butting and losing health
On forest maps. Ai uses gain colours power from location and dies.

I think you need to have the AI check its health before using a power, if the power will kill the ai and end the match then it needs to tile swap instead. Suicide is ok if others on its side are still in play if tactics are right

Thanks

Comments

• Yeah I've noticed this myself and while it is amusing, I agree that it needs to be fixed. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Some other issues I've notice with the AI:

- The AI only matches 5's when the match is in a straight line, never when it's a corner or "L" shaped match, nor a "T" match and instead uses makes them as a 4 match which is substantially less effective (no extra turn and no critical).
    - The AI uses powers before making a 5 match which sometimes removes the 5 match from the board. Since a 5 match gives an extra turn it should do that first and then use any powers (in most circumstances)
  • Humans overlook opportunities to play "perfectly" as far as tile swapping is concerned, so enabling the AI able to do so creates a crazily unfair advantage.

On the flip side, humans are better at knowing when and how to use skills.

Idunno, I think it's pretty fairly balanced- There's something to be said for there being some imperfections in the AI.
  • I agree with chris only a check for suicide would seem appropriate.
  • BigChris wrote:
    Humans overlook opportunities to play "perfectly" as far as tile swapping is concerned, so enabling the AI able to do so creates a crazily unfair advantage.

On the flip side, humans are better at knowing when and how to use skills.

Idunno, I think it's pretty fairly balanced- There's something to be said for there being some imperfections in the AI.

I think you misunderstand me; I'm not expecting a "perfect" AI as that would, indeed be "crazily unfair". The AI, if properly written, should have a chance to miss superior matches and even obvious strategies; to me that is a given. What I am saying is that the AI should at least be able to use all the basic principles of the game such as making 5 matches in other configurations, just like a player can. To not allow them to do so isn't some kind of balance, it's just bad coding and poor design (if on purpose).

As far as balance goes, players will always have a major advantage over AI in that players get to choose which of an opponents characters to attack and (provided there are enough matches on the board) which of their own players will defend against the next attack from their opponent. This is a huge advantage and I think works perfectly as it is currently implemented.