DDQ 4* Suggestion

The Herald
The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
My 2 cents on what to do once we've hit 40 4* covers.

First up:
Wall it behind The Big Enchilada. Pushes people to keep all their 3* characters (buying roster slots generates revenue after all).

The actual idea:
Play against the 4* for their cover.
Them at max native levels fully covered, backed up by max Champion 3* and overclocked goons.

You can win new covers this way, pushing everyone into needing a slot for each 4*. You can't stumble into it as a newbie and be murdered since its gated off behind the 3* challenge. Set the difficulty to "reasonably terrifying".

Clash of the Titans remains viable, if actually supported with 4* content, as it's a way to shoot for 5* covers.

A full cycle of all 4* characters across all 3 colours would be a 120 day cycle. Pretty low maintenance after setting it up in the first place.

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Why do you need 4* covers? Do you have 14 million ISO to max out all of them?
    Number of 4*s is the smallest problem about them. Trust me, you will get way more 4*s than you could upgrade (unless you are willing to spend 500$ per character). Maybe 4*s from common tokens (taco/events) only would give you more 4*s than you could upgrade icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, 4* covers are as rare as 3*s few years ago, but problem is, ISO economy remained almost intact. Adding more 4* covers to players hand would not make them stronger.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Number of 4*s is the smallest problem about them. Trust me, you will get way more 4*s than you could upgrade (unless you are willing to spend 500$ per character). Maybe 4*s from common tokens (taco/events) only would give you more 4*s than you could upgrade icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yes, 4* covers are as rare as 3*s few years ago, but problem is, ISO economy remained almost intact. Adding more 4* covers to players hand would not make them stronger.

It doesn't matter. There so few ways to get specific 4* covers, that it makes it so hard to max out any given 4*. So what if you don't have the ISO to max them all, at least give me the opportunity to max the ones that I want. Heck, I have 25 or so 4*s max covered, but my Red Hulk is still 2/4/5. I'd love the chance to get more covers for him, but I'd either have to wait 3 months for him to be a 1k PvP prize again or try to somehow get top 10 when he's a prize in PvE. Or be at the mercy of the rng from tokens.

Another way to get specific 4* covers would be appreciated.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    only bad thing about this u will alienate peeps with from getting the (2k iso) progression prize. crash of the titans work out well, cause u don't need to win it to still get full progression.
  • killerkoala
    The Herald wrote:

The actual idea:
    Them at max native levels fully covered, backed up by max Champion 3* and overclocked goons.

You can win new covers this way, pushing everyone into needing a slot for each 4*. You can't stumble into it as a newbie and be murdered since its gated off behind the 3* challenge. Set the difficulty to "reasonably terrifying".

when you start fighting iceman or jean grey with 2 soldier or carnage with his symbiote buddy. u'll change ur mind about adding goons feeders.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about it's a bonus non-required node that provides more iso?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Herald wrote:
    The actual idea:

You are out of your everloving mind.

Respectfully.
  • killerkoala
    DFiPL wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    The actual idea:

Respectfully.

i think herald forgot that devs will only let u use unbuffed 3* or 2* only against the 4*'s. so no 5* and help.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Perhaps what they really should do is when they reach 40 4*, they should adjust 3* champion rewards so that every 4* has a 3* buddy to feed them covers.

I just want more Nova.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    The actual idea:

Respectfully.

i think herald forgot that devs will only let u use unbuffed 3* or 2* only against the 4*'s. so no 5* and help.

That isn't how I read what Herald was saying. I read it as "level 270, max covered, with a max champion 3 and an overclocked goon for support."

As in, you're taking on all three of them. A level 270 4*, a level 266 3*, and an overclocked goon.
  • The Herald
    I would definitely hope that any 4* node that got implemented would be excluded from the iso8 reward like Clash O.o

I suggested a flat difficulty that would put you in the 4* tier to compete for the 4*. This actually puts it above my current level, I don't feel I need an easy way to advance in the game. I worry there's nothing to do once I get to the 4* level! I've missed the easy covering of key characters, I'm at the mercy of RNGeezus in a flooded 4* field as I transition.

Iso8 is a seperate issue. If anything an abundance of 4* covers would help by an extra 1000 iso8 per day once you hit max covers, then go on to help more once you start Champion levels :p
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    veny wrote:

It doesn't matter. There so few ways to get specific 4* covers, that it makes it so hard to max out any given 4*. So what if you don't have the ISO to max them all, at least give me the opportunity to max the ones that I want. Heck, I have 25 or so 4*s max covered, but my Red Hulk is still 2/4/5. I'd love the chance to get more covers for him, but I'd either have to wait 3 months for him to be a 1k PvP prize again or try to somehow get top 10 when he's a prize in PvE. Or be at the mercy of the rng from tokens.

Another way to get specific 4* covers would be appreciated.

I second that. Plus, it would help them to actually be of some use in PVE - underlevelled and full covered >> underlevelled and under covered. Bringing them in line with 3* levels isn't obscenely expensive.
  • The Herald
    DFiPL wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    The actual idea:

Respectfully.

That doesn't hold true though. Required Character and Big Enchilada give you full access to all your toys, if the difficulty is set to push 4* tier rosters there's no reason to block characters.
    You can either do it with brute force, or push your way through with cunning to nab a prize a little over your head.
  • killerkoala
    The Herald wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    The actual idea:

Respectfully.

That doesn't hold true though. Required Character and Big Enchilada give you full access to all your toys, if the difficulty is set to push 4* tier rosters there's no reason to block characters.
    You can either do it with brute force, or push your way through with cunning to nab a prize a little over your head.

i was joking about limiting it to 3* and under.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    needs to be 2 nodes. the first for the set cover and then an additional gated node (have to finish the first to get to the second) with another big chunk of iso. like 5K or something. that or give us the choice between the cover and a big chunk of iso.