best color for Eldrazi?

Options
ShawnP1
ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
Any successful Eldrazi decks? Which color(s) do you think would make the best Eldrazi deck?

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShawnP1 wrote:
    Any successful Eldrazi decks? Which color(s) do you think would make the best Eldrazi deck?

Blue has some uncommon eldrazis that look interesting. And there are a couple of green eldrazi rares that seem good. But all the really fat ones are colorless (so every pw can use them) except drowner of hope which is blue. So i think Kiora has the better options to choose from a pool of eldrazi cards
  • ShawnP1
    Options
    Cool I don't have Kiora yet but I might try with Jace for now. Just 450 more crystals to go! Lol
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would say Kiora, if only because Drowner of Hope + From Beyond is a ridiculous combination. Everything else can be mana gain, draw and another Eldrazi creature to finish off the opponent. Theoretically say:
    Drowner of Hope
    From Beyond
    Big Eldrazi of choice
    Nissa's Pilgrimage
    Fertile Thicket
    Bring to Light
    Talent of the Telepath
    Animist's Awakening
    Prism Array
    Titan's Presence
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Think also Lilian has good chances if you own many of them.

Just keep in hand, wait to discard and reanimate.

Meanwhile you control with removals.

Ruinous path, unholy hunger, Titans presence. All very efficient.

Weight of underworld as a side removal/weakener and a good response to the overabused undergrowth champion.

For the eldrazis you want the 8+ attack ones so:
    -twin
    - Ulamog
    - void winnower
    - hangarback walker(he is not eldrazi but the best option imho)

Any you are missing can be replaced by other eldrazis with 8+ attack if possible
  • Upstartes
    Upstartes Posts: 98
    Options
    Up until now, my only really successful Eldrazi deck has been a blue Tezzeret control deck (below). It has been tuned based on the current costs of the common & uncommon Eldrazi, and is more about using Scions to stall and build mana than it is about big, scary Eldrazi beatsticks. With the upcoming changes, I might tweak it some. I sometimes think about throwing in Fathom Feeder, because I have it and because this deck can get it out there. However, I've been somewhat unimpressed with Fathom Feeder.

Creatures:
    Incubator Drone
    Jhessian Thief
    Willbreaker

Spells:
    Adverse Conditions
    Scour From Existence

Supports:
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Jace's Sanctum
    Claustrophobia
    Sandstone Bridge
    Spawning Bed

Looking ahead, I'm most interested in trying a black Eldrazi / discard deck with Liliana. I would TOTALLY go Blue/Green if I had Kiora, but I don't know if I'll ever buy her.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jace:

Critters:
    Salvage drone
    Cryptic Cruiser
    Fathom Feeder
    Ruination guide

Supports:
    Sphinx's Tutelage

Spells:
    Turn to frog
    Scour from existence
    Anchor to the aether
    Tightening Coils
    Bone to ash

Pretty standard board control, but with a TON of ingest available once the Fathom Feeder hits the board. Clog your opponent with useless creatures that can't attack at all, then slowly grind them down with your own.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well before the 1.5 update, I mentioned in an earlier thread that I created stating that I "may be onto something" regarding Eldrazi and Koth. Now that the 1.5 update is live... I might have created a monster of a deck... might be partly because of the massive buffing Koth got - might be partly because some of the Eldrazi got buffed, but right now I'm on a tear with an Eldrazi based Koth deck.

Also, is it just me... or do Eldrazi themed decks work better with mostly Mythic rarity cards?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HomeRn wrote:
    Well before the 1.5 update, I mentioned in an earlier thread that I created stating that I "may be onto something" regarding Eldrazi and Koth. Now that the 1.5 update is live... I might have created a monster of a deck... might be partly because of the massive buffing Koth got - might be partly because some of the Eldrazi got buffed, but right now I'm on a tear with an Eldrazi based Koth deck.

Also, is it just me... or do Eldrazi themed decks work better with mostly Mythic rarity cards?

A deck list would be nice, plz & ty.

Yes, Eldrazi are really Mythic dependent.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    HomeRn wrote:

A deck list would be nice, plz & ty.

Yes, Eldrazi are really Mythic dependent.
    Ask and 'ye shall receive!

Level 60 Koth

Creatures/Spells/Supports: 4/5/1

Creatures:
    Bane of Bala God
    Oblivion Sower
    Blight Herder
    Dust Stalker

Spells:
    Demolish
    Serpentine Spike
    Kozilek's Return
    Crumble to Dust
    Slab Hammer

Supports:
    Shrine of the Forsaken Gods

Bolded cards have Devoid.

This deck revolves and takes advantage of Koth's massive mana gains from manared.png matches while keeping the board cycling through using Ingest effects. This not only really keeps my opponent mana starved in nearly every game, but doesn't affect me that much due to the # of cards with devoid.

Shrine is basically a very effective ramp (especially against Chandra...) that has a lot of synergy with Eldrazi in general. Crumble to Dust is this deck's secret weapon - Koth might still have a mana penalty with manawhite.png and manablue.png ... but what if you simply ingest ALL of those gems all at once? Basically it's Koth's first ability on 'roids (and really hampers Jace/Gideon/Kiora)! Demolish is a very solid card in it's own right - and a great way to ensure that certain supports don't ruin your day. Serpentine Spike and Kozilek's Return offers up plenty of creature removal - Spike clears out boards and/or beatsticks while Kozilek's Return just keeps coming back for more.

The Eldrazi I chose for the deck have either a nasty effect when they show up and/or cause even more Ingest shenanigans!
  • ShawnP1
    Options
    I keep forgetting void gems don't fill colorless, just devoid...... I must ask why? Why can't literally colorless gems fill colorless cards? It makes no sense! And don't get me started on non colorless devoid.
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the deck....ticked that I don't have many of these cards.