A few thoughts on my recent string of pulls

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I hope this doesn't come across as too whiney cause i think we've all had enough of that here. this has been my last week in pulls. kinda good, but kinda bad as well:

this past week i've pulled 4 elektra covers and i have 1 more coming in daily resupply tomorrow. one cover from a vault, one from a classic legendary pull and 2 from event tokens. now we've all had some 'is this really random' moments, and the fact that it has been elektra covers isn't necessarily the problem. she's not the greatest character but she's not totally useless either. save for the fact that her purple is in the running for the worst ability in the game, right up there with something turd hulk does.

and here's my issue. after tomorrow's purp daily resupply drop my cover distribution will be 4/4/0. her pure being next to useless, it basically makes her useless to me in her current state. not to mention the strong potential of ending up with wasted black/purple covers when they eventually get to 5 each.

It's long overdue to eliminate giving colour drops and just switch to character tokens that we can apply to whatever ability we want. even a system where you get a colour and can use 50 hp to change it would be sufficient.

either that or re-tool elektra so her purple isn't so awful...

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop the hate for Elektra's purple please. I can't state how fun it is to steal strike tiles, whether from Muscles, your own Patchverine, and especially Blade in 4* DDQ. Yea it sucks when there are no opposing strike tiles, and it follows that you have to double-cast it, but it's nowhere near as bad as, say, Amadeus' Hot Dog
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree with the general character cover, especially when it comes to 4 stars since the majority are entirely dependent on the random aspect. I have a six cover Venom, 5 Yellow and 1 Black. Considering how hard to it is to get these covers, getting a dupe 6th cover is a kick in the nuts.

But again, this is one of the many roadblocks they've intently placed to get our progression at a snails pace.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had 4 xfw green this week.

The FEEL like they come in clumps of useless covers but they actually don't. And many also forget when they come in good clumps.

We all get **** runs...

Since maxing I've received an extra...
    11 purple furys
    9 purple star lords
    2 purple miles
    3 yellow xfw
    5 blue bobbys
    ... I could go on...

But I've also had in a 2 week run...
    Blue surfer
    Purple spidey
    Green spidey
    Yellow 5teve
    Black GR
    red HB

The point im making is your data needs to longitudinal to as accurate as possible...it's why big pharma has to test new drugs over the course of years instead of just days.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I think that her Purple is vastly superior to her Red. Red's damage is laughable and it gets over-written really easily if it doesn't get matched away since so many characters love to put stuff on red. I think that Elektra should be used only when her Purple is needed.

...or when her Black is bugged to protect the whole team icon_lol.gif
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    With both Phoenix and OML producing easy strike tiles, Elektra's purple is a cheap way to steal great strike tiles. Yeah, it's dumb if they don't have any strike tile producers, but then don't use her.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    got another black today (1000 in punisher)... 6 this week...

now next week will be some iceman covers...