New essential levels

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Prior to etos, my essential levels were 210's to 250's, now they are all maxed at 325. Was this a stealth move or was it announced? It's just annoying having to chew threw 6 max nodes at the end of sub grind.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine are not maxed out, but significantly higher than normal, 308
    All 3 of the hard nodes started @325
  • Tuttle0606
    Tuttle0606 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2016
    My essentials have been 325 since after the rocket and groot test.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Different boosted characters this event mean a different scaling basis.

One thing I liked about the test events is they seem to scale the essentials lower if your required hero is low level.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mine are up but to be honest I figured that was because I rostered a third 5* in the EotS test, and this is the first event where my new average roster level of 255 would have kicked in.
  • grunth13
    My oml and phoenix have been 457/454 respectively for some time. The only difference is that i sold some 2's and now my cap America is level 15. So theoretically my levels should have dropped on the cap a node, but instead it has increased...almost 100 levels.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Different boosted characters, I had HB boosted in EOTS and my essentials were over 300. Now my best is boosted 3* Cap or storm my essentials are around 230. Seems spot on for me, they have lost 70 levels when I lost the character 70 levels higher.
  • grunth13
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Different boosted characters, I had HB boosted in EOTS and my essentials were over 300. Now my best is boosted 3* Cap or storm my essentials are around 230. Seems spot on for me, they have lost 70 levels when I lost the character 70 levels higher.

I also have 8 championed 4's and ss at 452...if levels are based on your top 3, my level should only need on my 5's right?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 wrote:
    Prior to etos, my essential levels were 210's to 250's, now they are all maxed at 325. Was this a stealth move or was it announced? It's just annoying having to chew threw 6 max nodes at the end of sub grind.

They forgot to set the scaling for the essentials to available team (essential + 2 highest), so it scales to 3 highest instead. So if your hard nodes are 325, your essentials will be too.

They had a month long stretch where the same thing happened in Heroics after sub 1 (making Heroics unplayable for non-capped rosters). But they fixed that in the last few Heroics.
  • grunth13
    Daiches wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

They forgot to set the scaling for the essentials to available team (essential + 2 highest), so it scales to 3 highest instead. So if your hard nodes are 325, your essentials will be too.

They had a month long stretch where the same thing happened in Heroics after sub 1 (making Heroics unplayable for non-capped rosters). But they fixed that in the last few Heroics.

That makes sense...i was wondering what the hell happened.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sub 3 rolls around and my essentials went down 20 levels, now 287
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

My essentials have not gone above 286 for the entire event. They've been 240, 254, and 286, but never higher. My 3 hard nodes are all 325 though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew having 3 champed 4s in an event would make a difference but it was dramatic. and my level 15 cap got 1 level higher than my champed x23 node. daiches's assumption that they missed scaling the essentials to your available characters makes sense. and ironically, my 1 cover cap node I've been using mostly xfw and loki. and xfw has been soloing the node pretty consistently with loki's help.

why do they have to set every single thing every event??? are there not defaults pre-programmed in? scaling to available roster should never be turned off...ever. this only makes me question this game more and more...