I have a plan?

Options
darwin_sudoka
darwin_sudoka Posts: 10
edited June 2016 in Roster and Level Help
21% of one anyways...

I have 2 issues. Recently acquired 5 star Jean Grey and Wolverine. Would trying for a third break my game?

Beyond a recently championed Ironfist L. 167 My roster levels range from 120 - 40

Until recently, I've been trying to keep my roster at the same level. Increasing by 10 levels after massive iso hoarding.

Yet championing and not having to sell extra 3 star covers has become an issue. Especially after selling 3 3* storm covers recently.

Should I stick to my original plan or should I just look to champion a 3 star as soon as I can? ( Daken and Magneto to complete a trio alongside Ironfist )

Not to mention I have been fighting 200+ mobs, but that hasn't stopped me.

Current Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/X2/

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,371 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you forgot to put the levels in for your heroes on Gamependum.

Anyway, regarding 5*s: since you already have a maxed 3*, it wouldn't hurt trying to get more. Just don't level them yet. IIRC, boosted level 166 3*s are on par level wise with 5*s, somewhere in the 250-300 range. And you will get more 4*s in the process.

Regarding 3*s and leveling: in my experience it's better to focus on leveling/championing them one at a time. If you try to level everyone at the same time, it will simply take too long and you will be selling excess 3* covers left and right. Remember, it's roughly 110K of ISO-8 to take a 3* from level 100 to level 166, and an additional 7500 to champion them! Very expensive. For example, leveling 20 3*s simultaneously it means you will need roughly 2.3M before you can reap your rewards.

The order in which you champion them is up to you, you can focus on 'strong' characters first. Or characters for which you have a lot of expiring covers. Or characters that you like to play, or pair well with other characters you use frequently.

Anyway, once you determine who to focus on, don't be afraid to sell 3* covers that you receive for other characters. While it always hurts a bit to do so, it's simply impossible to level everyone at the same time. (You might want to make an exception when you're almost done with leveling your current target though)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I'd wait until I had ~8+ 3* champs before opening any LTs. The scaling changes that are likely to be implemented (at some point) will likely help but if you start adding 255s you need to regularly have boosted 3s in the 240s to help deal with the scaling.
  • darwin_sudoka
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    I think you forgot to put the levels in for your heroes on Gamependum.

Thanks, something I didn't notice earlier today. Just took care of that.
    DeNappa wrote:
    Anyway, regarding 5*s: since you already have a maxed 3*, it wouldn't hurt trying to get more. Just don't level them yet. IIRC, boosted level 166 3*s are on par level wise with 5*s, somewhere in the 250-300 range. And you will get more 4*s in the process.

Uh... what? ( concerning 4 stars ) Well that's a relief. Not that I would have much choice in who my next 5 star could be. Which other 5 star character will work best with the 2 I already have?
    DeNappa wrote:
    Regarding 3*s and leveling: in my experience it's better to focus on leveling/championing them one at a time. If you try to level everyone at the same time, it will simply take too long and you will be selling excess 3* covers left and right. Remember, it's roughly 110K of ISO-8 to take a 3* from level 100 to level 166, and an additional 7500 to champion them! Very expensive. For example, leveling 20 3*s simultaneously it means you will need roughly 2.3M before you can reap your rewards.

The order in which you champion them is up to you, you can focus on 'strong' characters first. Or characters for which you have a lot of expiring covers. Or characters that you like to play, or pair well with other characters you use frequently.

Anyway, once you determine who to focus on, don't be afraid to sell 3* covers that you receive for other characters. While it always hurts a bit to do so, it's simply impossible to level everyone at the same time. (You might want to make an exception when you're almost done with leveling your current target though)

I would like to say, after acquiring all the 3 star characters. Er, besides a 2 cover Vision ( Received Iceman through command points ) The issue I've had is having a series of teams:

Note: A majority of these are just conceptual, haven't tried them out yet. The ones I have already I will put an asterisk by

The Human Torch/Dr. Doom/Ironman* ( Used for the Big Enchilada mostly )

Daken/Cyclops/Blade

Black Widow/Black Panther/The Punisher* ( feels like a mixed bag sometimes, not confident with )

Dare Devil/Luke Cage/Ironfist

Mystique/The Incredible Hulk/Spiderman

Quicksilver/Colossus/Deadpool

Loki/Magneto/Wolverine* ( Pretty hard to work together, also used for big enchilada )

Scarlet Witch/Captain America/Storm

Kamala Khan/Thor/Psylocke* ( Another mixed bag, sometimes works wonderfully other times, eh )

The Hood/Gamora/She-Hulk

--

Well this is the issue concerning 4 star progression. I know who I want to champion for a 4 star trio. Ironfist/Magneto/Daken* both for there champion cover rewards and they work pretty well together.

However, I have to ask, is there any 4 star trios that would work great together? Other then cover champions from my personal favorite 3 star characters ( Cyclops/Mystique/Black Widow )

ATM these are the characters I will be focusing on to champion:

Black Widow/Blade/Cyclops/Daken/Dare Devil/Ironfist/Ironman/Loki/Mystique/Scarlet Witch/Steve Rogers/Wolverine