Did game animations just suddenly, finally speed up?

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just noticed that currently, tile match and power animations as well as general matching speed increased noticable, maybe 30%. Even after restarting the app (iOS).

Am I hallucinating/dreaming, or can somebody confirm my feeling?

Comments

• We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed this as well. They def hit the fast forward button, although Daken still takes an eternity to go through all his ****.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    LOKI'S AP STEAL SCARED THE **** OUT OF ME, LAST NIGHT!!!!!

I was like......uhm......what in the blue eff.......

The countdowns FLEW outta there. lol.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    I had a weird lag spike a day or two ago and since then it's been flying. Definitely an improvement.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Hawkeye's Speed Shot is still Sleep Shot.

I've seen some improvements, but I know that one and Nightstalker are still terribly slow courtesy of the banner.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Hhhhm, and now its laggy slow again?! Damn. I was hoping this were to stay. :'-(
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I wish they give the Sentry treatment to everything. A while back they super-sped up Sentry's World Rupture a ton so it doesn't become a snooze-fest (especially in Sentry featured PvP, it would literally go on and on)

No harm giving all characters the same treatment, actually icon_e_confused.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I've noticed the increased speed is happening when you make a match with certain characters; I'm 100% certain that whenever Mohawk Storm makes a match, things speed up. Many characters' matches, however, don't appear to be any faster than usual. I think Doctor Doom may be sped up, as well, though I haven't been using him enough to test it out properly; what little I've used him seems to suggest that he is, though.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you imagine if they provided a buttton to turn off animations? By default, the game code would survive another 4 software generations (and an entire generation of hardware could still run the game) because you could turn off the bloat.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    The speed of the vault prizes definitely sped up a week or 3 ago.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's weird, I get sudden speed ups in the middle of a fight and then the next fight things are laggy again.

It's getting really annoying now, tbh. Especially since the devs haven't come out and done their usual "Sorry, we broke something but we know what it was, it'll be fixed in the next patch" announcement for the last 2 patches.
  • Cycocivic
    Cycocivic Posts: 19
    I notice loki's cd are resolving super fast of late. Notice it using him w/ mohawk and cmag.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've always had the occasional speed up but the standard is and has always been slow. Still slow. Banners don't help.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    funny how some things are sped up and others aren't. loki is definitely improved, but im40 is same as before.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Flamethrower throws flames now instantly. Nice.