X-Force Wolverine is now max level in my roster!

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It only took two years but I'm FINALLY aught up with the PvP meta along with 4* Thor.
Now I can stomp on everyone with ease, right!?

Right? ;.;

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats. I'm still missing 1 cover for him. I sure hope I get it soon so that I can unleash his rage before they nerf him :-/

On a side note, I recently maxed and Championed Thor, whom I've had since not long after release. I realised this morning that in the last 2 weeks I probably used her more than the the previous how ever many months. It's a little bit sad.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    nice. they need to return them to their former glory. if they did, would that put those 2 back in top tier 4* land? I didn't get to enjoy their op-ness from way back yonder.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    nice. they need to return them to their former glory. if they did, would that put those 2 back in top tier 4* land? I didn't get to enjoy their op-ness from way back yonder.

If the 3* level is any indicator, we just need to wait until there are 20 or so 5*s and then the devs will get around to buffing a tier they've left behind.

Congrats to Dragon. My X-Force is only at 1/1/4 and both green and black came from the daily resupply...over 400 days ago. Without a DDQ daily 4* node, I think I'm SOL for a good while.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    It only took two years but I'm FINALLY aught up with the PvP meta along with 4* Thor.

Those two along with Iron Fist make a really good rainbow team.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find out of my roster, Thoress, X-Force and X-pool make a great team. Stun, red buildup, healing, heavy hitting, countdown timers followed by surgical strike.
    Lotsa damage. I was running Deadpool, Thoress and Red Hulk before, but there's too much overlap really. Plus it's harder to generate green.

I wasn't really too fussed with championing X-Force but he is by far the character I've thrown more covers away for. I've had something like 15+ yellow covers for him in random packs since starting. For the longest time he was 1/2/5 in my roster and every cover I pulled was always yellow.

Just watch now, I won't pull another cover for him for months ¬¬
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I just championed my X-Force Wolverine last week. Had the patch champ reward waiting for me at 183. My champed 4*s are Thoress, Ant-Man, Cyclops and now X-Force. I've been running Thoress, with IM40 as my main duo.

Congrats Dragon
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Congrats, now you can go into the Hunt PVE and enjoy facing enemy teams 100 levels higher due to his boost.

You can team him with Magneto and Loki/Scarlet Witch. I do better with that lineup than with my maxed 4* Thor in the mix.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Gratz... after 2 years i managed to champion all 3* covers (wont be using half of them anyway).
    I am seriously thinking about skipping 3 -> 4 transition and upgrading 5*s starting with OML.
    Maxing 4*s takes 350k+, maxing 5*s takes 550k+ but in the end, 5*s have almost 4 times higher damage and significantly more powerful abilites.
    Sadly, OML at level 255 is better than most of my hardly earned/upgraded 3*s...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of interest, what is the best build for Xforce these days? I've got a green cover coming up which would move him to 5/5/3. Though is it better to have him 3/5/5 these days?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of interest, what is the best build for Xforce these days? I've got a green cover coming up which would move him to 5/5/3. Though is it better to have him 3/5/5 these days?
    I used to have Wolverine at 5/5/3 for maximum offense but decided to try 3/5/5 after the champion system hit. I'm not changing him back. The green board shake is good enough with 3 covers, and the damage is laughable anyway. Yellow really packs a punch at 5 covers though, even if the tile gets matched away.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thought as much. Just need to somehow get another yellow cover then.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    just champed my xfw...woot! at day 855...whomp whomp!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could champ my XF wolvie. He is level 220 at 5,5,3 but I also have a 5,3,2OML at level 399 so I have not seen the point in bringing him up to 270.

I know first world problems icon_e_wink.gif