my Brother is awesome, made real trading cards.

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
http://imgur.com/d6C4yBz

picture is a bit unsharp. in real life it looks much better. but you get the idea.

last week i had a discussion with my brother. we talked about why marvel/d3go was not releasing real trading cards that you could only buy if they were in your possesion.

so for example you have 10 cards in your posession. go to marvel/d3go store. scan Qr code. check your pvp name. then buy cards and marvel/d3go send them to you. also on the back of the card your pvp name to make it more personal as well.

week later i check the door and find an envelop with the trading cards i have collected so far. so now instead having them only digital on the phone i have them for real. it is much more personal. it is like those baseball / football cards you collect.

i just wanted to post this here because i am so happy and i hope Marvel/D3go will do something with this. it really feels awesome to have them in your possesion. so please marvel/3dgo do something with it!

thank you

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Really cool!

*cough*copyright infringement*cough*
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, how cool is that!

You win bonus points if you set that Cho cover on fire and post it on the youtubes xD
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woah those cards are nice!! You have a really cool bro dude! Nice idea, too! I am always down for them taking the game in a different creative direction! ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Really cool!

*cough*copyright infringement*cough*

Welllll, he isn't trying to sell the cards ... right? He's suggesting D3 do the selling ... right?

I think it'd be loads cooler to award in-game covers for proven purchases of physical comics with covers in-game. Of course we'd all go buy 5* covers, but so what? How many copies could most players realistically buy?

That's a good thing for marvel. They would suddenly find that old man Logan book become the best selling comic again
  • 8punch
    ofcourse i dont sell them, because on the back of the card is my PvP name, so they are worthless for other people. just for me it is awesome.

today i got my first wolverine level 15 card so i expect a new card soon icon_e_biggrin.gif

also the cards look good but not on a profesional level, but the cards give you a much more personal feeling to it.

for example Drax the destroyer i had worked really hard to get that card. that card has some history attached to it. so when i look at it. it gives a great feeling of accomplishment and a nice memory.

and i am sure i am not the only one who made a late nighter just to get that one card they want icon_e_biggrin.gif

later today i will post a pic of the backside, as well of the holder they came in.

have a great weekend and enjoy!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    8punch wrote:
    later today i will post a pic of the backside

Whoa, easy there... This ain't Tinder icon_e_surprised.gif
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    @Beyonderbub: good one, made me LOL icon_lol.gif
  • 8punch
    my girlfriend said, my front belongs to her, but the back belongs to you icon_e_biggrin.gif

also here is the picture of promised backside....... of the Cards....

so on every card you see on the back the marvel/PQ logo, the cards themselfs are in the cardbox with the stan lee/ marvel logo on it. but soon i will buy a nice map and put them in there.

so basicly the cards are printed on playing cards which you use for exampe to play solitaire with. except they are custom made without all the usually card stuff on it like diamonds, clubs and numbers etc.

also my pvp name is blocked for security reasons.

http://imgur.com/0HZbpCk
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've thought about buying all the comics that feature the toon artwork, but that first appearance vision will probably never happen so gave up on the idea.

Still think we need a Gambit or Rogue character with the remaining xmen #1 cover to finish that set.