MORE ISO IDEA! (a unique one)

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
So, i was thinking about things that can be improved to make much more sense. Those things are:
-A) Too many covers (100+ in total), so many that players cant use them all efficiently
-B) Too few ways how to use HPs - Seriously, its covers (most people dont like it because of RNG) roster slots (with issue A, there is not much reasons to have some covers, especially below 3* quality)
-C) Lack of ISO, especially for people who try to upgrade 4*s (number of them is raising so quickly there is no chance to catch up)
-D) New VIP system, despite of being good, doesnt offer a single solution to A, B, or C

My idea should solve all those problems WITHOUT a need to pay more or grind more. Lets call it QUESTS.
This idea is simple - You will have 3 slots (+ One slot for 250HP, price of slots will raise just like for roster slots up to 5 000HP per slot). VIP will allow you use 5 more slots for the duration of VIP.
You can send your heroes to quests - quests will take 18 hours and during this duration you cant use them. After 18 hours, you can get 500ISO (60% chance), 250 ISO (30% chance), 100HP (5% chance), 25 HP (4% chance) or 1 CP (1% chance). Quality (# of stars) or level of covers wont influence the chances.

This idea could:
- Help players to get more ISO
- Allow us to use some of us "useless" (low level, low quality) covers
- Turn spending HPs into an investment instead of simple gamble
- Add some benefits from having VIP (up to 70 000 ISO per VIP duration is cool, but nothing that would break the game)
- Partially remove the need for painful grinding from the game - really, grinding 100ISO from nodes knowing you need 300 000k ISO for maxing your 4*s... i feel like a slave icon_e_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your feedback icon_e_smile.gif
PS: With this, i would buy VIP and i am telling it as a free player icon_e_biggrin.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are going to call them "quests", why not dress them up with some challenge that requires a bit of strategy and that rewards people according to their roster? Say, you could have three (or more) quests per day, novice, intermediate and veteran. As an example, the "veteran" one could be "Defeat level 300 Juggernaut", so you pick three characters from your roster that you think that can defeat him and sent them away. The AI plays internally a game controlling both your team and the opponent and after a certain amount of time, returns your characters. If your team won, you get a good reward. If you lost, you receive a consolation prize.
  • veny
    Sure, why not. I tried to write down the suggestion as simply as possible. There are tons of ways, how this can be implemented.
    Main point is: Allowing us to use covers for offline feature that will give us some ISO.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    I like this idea. How about if that "quest" is when you send hero as a team up to your alliance? But you also lose that character from your roster while he/she is gone.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mckauhu wrote:
    I like this idea. How about if that "quest" is when you send hero as a team up to your alliance? But you also lose that character from your roster while he/she is gone.
    nope. it used to be that way and it completely sucked. that would be the end of using good characters for TUs.
  • How about this?

Solo missions with 2* spiderman!

Hero or Menace weekly events

Hero missions give iso
    Menace missions give hero points

Special defector mission:

Hero: Lose; progress reset Win; 100 hero points
    Deadpool solo match, once a day until end of week

Menace: Lose; progress rest Win; 1,000 iso
    Deadpool solo match, once a day until end of week

** Team Spiderman missions **

Hero: start off with S.H.I.E.L.D. Analyst and Spy

Can acquire SH.I.E.L.D. and Sentry units and Ultron

Menace: start off with Maggia Hitman & Muscle ( Maggia Thug available )

Can acquire H.A.M.M.E.R. and Hand units and Gorgon

*** Monthly ranking rewards ***

Tier: Hero/Menace/Deadpool
  • veny
    TxMoose wrote:
    mckauhu wrote:
    nope. it used to be that way and it completely sucked. that would be the end of using good characters for TUs.
    Exactly, my idea is the exact oppose of TUs. TUs are feature that help others. My idea is purely selfish - you send heroes you dont normally use to get some profit.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Well ok solo missions sound then better. How about if giving better rewards the better character you send?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have almost a hundred characters I never use that I'd gladly send out on quests all the time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok, I get your point now, but who in your alliance wants a psylocke or gwen TU? my TUs continuously stay at 3, 4, and 5 of 5 away and I don't want those limited slots taken by superfluous quests. when I stepped up in alliances from a t100 to a t20 the TU usage skyrocketed. I built a blue mbw and then a second. between that and 4* aoes, we are very TU heavy in usage. if they increase the # that could be away at a time, I'd have no issue at all. it would be fun/interesting, but I could use more available to give out as it is.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, don't mix quests and TUs. Most high-performing alliances are requesting and sending out TUs all the time, for MBW, JG, Ice, RHulk, Cyc etc.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    If you are going to call them "quests", why not dress them up with some challenge that requires a bit of strategy and that rewards people according to their roster? Say, you could have three (or more) quests per day, novice, intermediate and veteran. As an example, the "veteran" one could be "Defeat level 300 Juggernaut", so you pick three characters from your roster that you think that can defeat him and sent them away. The AI plays internally a game controlling both your team and the opponent and after a certain amount of time, returns your characters. If your team won, you get a good reward. If you lost, you receive a consolation prize.

This would work! Chance to 'view' the AI play when they return just for fun