Approximate time lines

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Maybe this is or this isn't a good idea, but could we have an update from the dev on approximately when new changes will be implemented? I know that they don't want to tell us all the full details of changes, but even just knowing that for example in August there will be a big change would get me more excited about the game. Or if there won't be any big changes until January of next year. And you don't even need to give any specifics.

I like the game of course (I've been playing for over 600 days), but it does start to get a bit boring and repetitive, and it's a ton of effort to champion a single 4*, plus odds are still pretty low of getting any 5*s (even if you win a ton of LTs and CP), so my interest is flagging, and I'm starting to (gasp) move onto other games.... but I'd like to know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and new changes are actually on their way.

And of course any dates would be taken as subject to change. It would be nice to get something, even crumbs. Thank you.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just keep your eye on the Patch Notes..
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I'm going to say:

Classic Tokens going to be more of an equal mix of 1 and 2* characters with the odd 3*
    Heroic Tokens going to be more of an equal mix of 3 and 4* characters
    Legendary Tokens same as now.

Vaults increase in 3 and 4* characters, reduction in less used boosts.
    Placement rewards changed to top 50 for 4* in both PVE and PVP.

All will be in place for the anniversary week.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to say:

Everything stays basically the same, except maybe some more options to spend money for one-time resources that don't address any of the fundamental problems with the game.

Also, one or two changes that are directly anti-consumer, but not so anti-consumer that it'll do much more than make people roll their eyes a little harder.

Anything that makes it easier to advance from one tier to the next will be avoided, and anything that makes true endgame enjoyable will be removed (so that all the 3* players can be happy that they aren't in the 4* tier).
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most online games nowadays have a "roadmap" where devs hint at what is coming in what approximate order. They also have lots of communication channels between devs (not producers or other corporate spokepeople) and players. In that respect MPQ is still being handled like and early 2000's game.