Tightening up shields

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
I get that there's server communication lag and such going on, but when you shield and then 5-15 minutes later are just getting the 'hey guess what, you just lost 55 points!" message. that's a little ridiculous.

if you shield and someone beats you 1 second later you shouldn't lose points.

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Generally, after you shield, check the player ranking leaderboards immediately. It should force a refresh and your shields will register.

However, these days the hits take time to appear. You'll generally lose the points first, then 5-10 minutes later it'll tell you who hit you.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i do the leaderboard thing.

for instance: last night. finished up. shielded. checked the leaderboard (individual and alliance). saw my score (was in top 10) got hit and lost 50 points. (still in top 10) went into story mode. came back to vs. checked the leaderboard again (5 minutes later). saw that i was down another 45 points. out of top 10. then maybe a couple minutes after that i got the 'you've been attacked' message.

i don't care if you're getting attacked at the exact time while you're shielding. if you throw on a shield, that should be it. immediately freeze your score. there's gotta be a record of the exact time when your shields are applied. anything after that shouldn't count.