Will I Make it?!

Options
cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So doing some calculations with my roster and if I continue to get each 3* cover from DDQ, here is the amount of ISO I will need to champion my closest characters and the date I need it by to prevent the loss of a cover:

8/6- I need 113862 ISO to champion Sam Wilson (Falcon)
8/8- I need an additional 112002 to champion Beast
8/13- I need an additional 112002 to champion Blade
8/14- I need an additional 112002 to champion Wolverine
8/15- I need an additional 118342 to champion Human Torch
8/16- I need an additional 119063 to champion Colossus
8/27- I need an additional 113862 to champion Scarlet Witch

The question is, can I make this ISO in the alotted time? Assuming I start at 0 ISO today (6/16), will I be able to save all the covers and use them for championing? If I will not have enough ISO by "champ day," should I just focus on some of these?

I assume I should definitely save enough to champion Blade, Wolverine, and Scarlet Witch. Then I would think Sam Wilson. Is this right? Or should I not worry because I'll have that much ISO just chilling waiting for me to use it, since I have almost 2 months.

Thanks!

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    depends on how much you average. you'll need to average 80K a week, which is not unreasonable at all. but if you're pretty casual, you may only make it on 4 or 5 of them. play every LR seed you can muster and play pve and pvp consistently. some depends on how you perform but more depends on being consistent. I know for a fact it CAN be done. but is a bit beyond the casual "ddq + a little" level of play.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the increase in the daily alliance iso bonus, try to get in with a full group that plays every day.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    I also remembered that there is a bunch of ISO chillin' in the Prologue, so I'm going back to the beginning!!

I'm using Iron Fist (passive attack tile), Blade (passive red strength), and OBW (espionage). is this the quickest team to defeat Prologue goon missions? Is there a quicker way?!?!?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    that can work, depending on if the levels of your blade and fist can keep obw on purple and black. it won't work as well if she isn't tanking. still, its a reasonable team but gives up yellow and red, so if you're matching away yellow maggia or lieutenant/commander cds, you're wasting matches. lots of fast ways to do it - vision with obw works great too - but keep her tanking. blade fist falcon. daken blade fist. blade witch fist. of course, if you want fast, I use vision OML fist or OML iceman im40, but that might not help today.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    Ok, so I've got some updates:

I've already championed Wolverine because I use him all the time. Here are the rest of my 13/13 characters who have yet to be championed:

Falcon lvl 102 (14th cover IN MY QUEUE, expiring 7/27, and 15th cover coming via DDQ on 7/27)
    Beast lvl 106 (14th cover coming via DDQ on 7/29, so the cover will expire on 8/12)
    Blade lvl 106 (14th cover coming on DDQ on 8/3, so the cover will expire on 8/17)
    Iron Fist lvl 102 (14th cover coming on DDQ on 8/13, so the cover will expire on 8/27)
    Scarlet Witch lvl 102 (14th cover coming on DDQ on 8/17, so the cover will expire on 8/31)
    Human Torch lvl 91 (14th cover coming on DDQ on 8/5, so the cover will expire on 8/19)
    Colossus lvl 89 (14th cover coming on DDQ on 8/6, so the cover will expire on 8/20)

I'm currently sitting at 213,475 ISO. Since this is not enough for all of them before their 14th covers expire, which ones should I champion? I know Iron Fist and Scarlet Witch are top tier, but I don't really want to lose 2 Falcon covers. Also, I use Blade quite a lot as well. What should my next steps be??

Also, quick question, looking at my roster, I have an Elektra and Vision cover and enough HP for 1 slot. Should I buy the slot, drop Totally Awesome Hulk, and recruit both of them? I really only want Vision for the Taco Token/free Vision cover on his day and I never use TAH. Obviously Elektra is better than TAH. Thoughts?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    fist and witch are musts. blade is traditionally the next highest rated on that list. however, I used torch much more than blade, I champed torch long ago and still have yet to champ blade. will get there, but the game has been feeding me multiple covers enough to where character strength isn't as much a concern now. and his feed is not great (GR), but not horrible either.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    So, I've done some more math!

I definitely will champion Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, and Blade. This total will be 339,726 ISO.
    I currently have 261,435.
    This means that I can champion Falcon before the cover runs out if I somehow get 453,588 ISO.
    So I now have until 7/27 (a week) to gain 192,153 ISO.
    That means, I need 27,451 ISO a day.

Is this possible? I know I'll get the 3700/day from DDQ. So I need 23,751 more from other events. What do we think, gang? Is it possible?

Also, thanks for the help always everyone!
  • TxMoose
    Options
    So, I've done some more math!

I definitely will champion Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, and Blade. This total will be 339,726 ISO.
    I currently have 261,435.
    This means that I can champion Falcon before the cover runs out if I somehow get 453,588 ISO.
    So I now have until 7/27 (a week) to gain 192,153 ISO.
    That means, I need 27,451 ISO a day.

Is this possible? I know I'll get the 3700/day from DDQ. So I need 23,751 more from other events. What do we think, gang? Is it possible?

Also, thanks for the help always everyone!
    possible yes. hit LRs like there's no tomorrow. when they stop, move to simulator and play as many matches as possible - don't worry about points. and don't use boosts for anything if you can help it. I think its possible, but won't necessarily be easy or fun. definitely not impossible though. higher alliance event finishes help too. another consideration is ultron - no idea what to expect there compared to normal pve. might be better, might be worse. its been over a year since the last one.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't kill yourself just to champion Falcon. He's not much more useful at 167 than he is at 100 or 120. Another cover will come your way eventually.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    Ok, definitely given up on Falcon, haha.

BUT, I will probably receive a yellow Groot to max cover them and I have an extra cover in my queue. Should I try to raise THEM? Probably not more than IF and Blade, right?

Also, with Ultron, hoping to get that last Thor cover to max him. Will he be bumped up the list? his 14th cover should be coming on 8/10.

Y'all are the best! Thank you for your strategic help!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Options
    Well now I have an extra Thor cover and he's already at 13 covers, not optimum build. I'm going to go ahead and champ him since he's the 3* in this current PVE and I'll still have enough (hopefully) for Iron Fist by the time his 14th cover shows up. I've already champed Scarlet Witch, so that's not a problem.

This means I will lose covers on Rocket & Groot, Blade, Colossus, Human Torch, Beast, lose 2 covers for Falcon. But I figure that's ok and they'll come around again.

Thanks everyone for the help! I feel like I'm doing something right and it's because of y'all!