Ok I am Torn on Who to Champ next

Options
Thorin radd
Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
edited June 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Maxie Punisher or XFDP. Have two covers for Both in que. My other Champs are 4clops, IcemanBD, Rhulk all 3stars. My OMLy is 353 Just tough decision I have 4 days

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if you have a functional 5*, to me it is xpool all the way. but, I have no experience with maxipun. xpool works really well when taking on 5s at higher levels because every match triggers his black, which is just free damage. horrible on defense because you'll never target anyone but xpool first (unless thing is involved), but makes matches somewhat easier on offense. also works with higher end boss battles like we just had in CW. OML/xpool/boosted 4* was my go-to team and worked really well all the way through both sides.
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I would choose Punisher.

On Offense, XFDP may be better for speed, especially against other 5* teams that will trigger his passive. But on defense his Black is never going to trigger since he will be targetted first.

Punisher will be good on both Offense and Defense. He will still be targetted first, but his passive will still be beneficial. Also, if his passive increases tiles when they are created (rather than a dynamic buff that falls off when stunned or downed), he could provide a benefit after he is killed. Punisher also has a Black ability that can be used when you don't want to flip OML yet.
  • Skunktrain
    Skunktrain Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also, if his passive increases tiles when they are created (rather than a dynamic buff that falls off when stunned or downed), he could provide a benefit after he is killed.

It's the dynamic buff not one for when tiles are created.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    if you have a functional 5*, to me it is xpool all the way. but, I have no experience with maxipun. xpool works really well when taking on 5s at higher levels because every match triggers his black, which is just free damage. horrible on defense because you'll never target anyone but xpool first (unless thing is involved), but makes matches somewhat easier on offense. also works with higher end boss battles like we just had in CW. OML/xpool/boosted 4* was my go-to team and worked really well all the way through both sides.

When it's Xpool team vs Xpool team, I target Xpool last. I want my OML to take X-Enforcer damage so I can X-Enforcer right back, except I'm not dumb like the AI and wont target their OML first. This makes me always win the trade and speeds up the match tremendously.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a classy problem to have TC!

I don't have any experience playing 4* + OML teams, so you may want to rely on other advice. But to me, a strong passive that can be exploited on offense (xdp) is superior to defensive value (punisher). Defense is just less important than offense in this game.
  • Thorin radd
    Thorin radd Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Screw it Im selling 2star Champs and maxing both
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love xpool but the damage that max punisher can do gets silly.

He's best in 4* tier in my opinion, mine is only level 140 and 4/2/2 and he easily beats many other 4* when they are maxed
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xpool is very useful in PvE, basically because of his black and if you use him with OML, but if you don't have a working OML, Punisher looks much stronger all around. Punisher I also think is much better for PvP (he also plays great with OML)

But you should max both.

As a parallel debate, I don't understand why people use xpool so much in PvP, even when he is not buffed. He is completely useless in defence and not that fast in offence, I don't really see the point. When I see him with OML this is an "attack without doubt", you kill xpool first, then featured then OML, 99% of the times I get out from this fight completely untouched (the other 1% is because OML transformed because I got careless). And in offence you might not use his black at all, and his red is expensive. He is really good in PvE, and in boss battles, but in PvP ? (In sim is different, because he can easily be the third guy).
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    As a parallel debate, I don't understand why people use xpool so much in PvP, even when he is not buffed. He is completely useless in defence and not that fast in offence, I don't really see the point. When I see him with OML this is an "attack without doubt", you kill xpool first, then featured then OML, 99% of the times I get out from this fight completely untouched (the other 1% is because OML transformed because I got careless). And in offence you might not use his black at all, and his red is expensive. He is really good in PvE, and in boss battles, but in PvP ? (In sim is different, because he can easily be the third guy).

Defense is pretty much always a bad gamble - no matter how good your team is, unless it just completely overwhelms the attacker by brute force (5* match damage versus a 3* roster for instance) you're probably going to lose because of how dumb the AI is. So it usually doesn't make sense to worry about how good your team is on D. On the other hand, by using OML/Xpool on offense you can get loads of free damage by putting Logan out front to take all the big hits and triggering X-Enforcer, and save on health because he'll heal right back up.

You obviously have to be careful about going too high in the rankings this way because you'll start getting clobbered, but it's a good way to climb quickly and stretch out your health supply.