Gideon, Ally of Zendikar QB Quick Deck

Options
glggwp
glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
This deck is virtually unbeatable (never lost since its formation) in QB and pretty fast as well.
    Ability Analysis
    Gideon's abilities tailor towards ally creatures.

Skirmish: costs 6 for a vigilance ally token disappearing the next round... it is rarely used unless my creatures need protection

Recruit: costs 9 for 8/8 ally token... it works best with veteran warleader (+16/16 in total). i normally use this unless i have 3 non-token, non-veteran warleader creatures on the board.

Rally the troops: costs 12 for +5/5 to all ally creature on the board... it is the most efficient for 3 non-veteran warleader creatures (+15/15). I use it as soon as I have 2 non-veteran warleader creatures on the board.
      Creatures
      My creatures have low cost but are squish. Pay attention to chandra's scorching strike in early game. I often wait for her to use flameshot to drain some loyalties before summoning.

SereneSteward.pngKorEntanglers.pngLanternScout.pngVeteranWarleader.png

Serene Steward: cost 6 for 4/4? great value! its ability has synergy with lantern scout. however, i would deactivate/substitute her if i have 3 cards on board along side veteran warleader.

Kor Entanglers: so good for disable opponent's first creature (often a defender or reacher). Sequential summoning (summon one ally creature each turn) usually pans out the longest disable period.

Lantern Scout: besides the synergy with serene steward, his life stealing ability often turns around the table in adverse situations.

Veteran Warleader: terrific synergy with recruit and potential board-wipe ability (3 ally creatures on the board triggers vigilance, but she can't defend berserker if she is not the first creature). note that if i already have 1 veteran warleader on the board, i would focus on bring on other ally creatures on the board before summoning another veteran warleader because of the better +x/x and ability trigger.

Spells
        My objective is to put creatures on the board and enhance them as fast as possible. So I only include 2 spell cards.

SmiteTheMonstrous.pngHelmOfTheGods.png

Smite the monstrous: no brainer for creature killing...

Helm of the gods: must-have when i use 4 supports... sometimes it saves my weak creatures.
          Supports
          I go ramp style supports and they are cheap too.

ShrineOfTheForsakenGods.pngCanopyVista.pngPrairieStream.pngRetreatToEmeria.png

Shrine of the forsaken gods: no. 1 ramp priority to bring to the board besides creatures...

Canopy vista: ramp...

Prairie stream: ramp...

Retreat to emeria: synergy with kor entanglers, lantern scout, veteran warleader, and ramp supports... i sometimes rely on it and recruit when i do not have any creature draws.