Do you think the Devs look at the suggestion section?

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you think the Dev's look at the suggestion section? Better yet do you look at that section? Or is it a place they move your posts so less people can look at them?

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    They've mentionned they are actively reading that forum, it's not being ignored or anything, they just don't answer to suggestions individually.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I seriously doubt it, there are so many good ideas here and none are adopted. I'm not sure who/what their driver is but it's clearly misguided.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    They do suggestions every now and then. But think about it. We give them 100s of suggestions, yet we are not their bosses. So the odds of them doing any specific suggestion are low. But they do code for a few of them, so don't give up the fight!
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    The suggestions will be used in MPQ:The Sequel
    when this one folds under its own weight...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I'm a pragmatist and praise the devs when they do something well (change to play schedule and the recent shift in 4* design towards and counter character system are good) but I doubt they ever read it.

They either do read it and ignore it or don't read it.

Not one of the many good suggestions in the last 300 days I've been playing have been adopted.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    apparently they do. i suggested that we should get 100 iso per alliance mate played per day. they did that. i didn't get any credit though...
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    probably as much as we do. once in a blue moon. they should attach it to top of general discussion so it get some traffic both for us and them. they will prolly look at it more if they see it at the top of here.

******They should make it so we can sort and or sell all of a specific ranking characters. sell all 1* and 2* would be great addition.*******
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's a big issue with the suggestions subforum and with moving threads there: it is a barren forum that players never visit except to post suggestions. So there are literally dozens of suggestions ranging from the absolutely urgent and necessary, passing through the reasonable and ending in the stupid/joke/impossible. But since almost no one comments, discusses or upvotes threads or comments there, a dev skimming through the threads will believe that all of them have the same value: a random idea thought up by a random poster. There's no way to know which one of those suggestions is something that the community as a whole really wants.

The overzealous moving of suggestions to that subforum purportedly had the goal of making players migrate to it to give and discuss suggestions, but it never happened (anybody could have told you that beforehand, you cannot fight human nature). Now, several months later, when that little goal was proven unfeasible, some mods enamoured with the letter of the law over common sense and pragmatism still hurry to move suggestions (and some things that are not even suggestions, just discussion) to unerringly and right away die in that subforum. The outcome is not only bad for what I outlined in the first paragraph, but also because once you move discussion and suggestions (in other words, constructive criticism) out of General Discussion, only bitter, negative criticism and random silliness remains, i.e. not much of value to the community.

All that is unnecessary. General Discussion by nature is an excellent filter of useful suggestions. Those that are unfeasible, stupid or non-urgent are generally ignored and get quickly excreted out of the first page, while the good suggestions that most players care about usually keep atop of the first page, gathering upvotes and supporting comments... until one of the overzealous mods comes around and consigns it to exile. A better practice would be to allow suggestion threads to remain in General Discussion for a couple days. If it naturally dies (i.e. goes off the first page), there's not even need to move it and bother the devs with a suggestion that the community doesn't care about. If it's active and healthy, move it to the suggestion subforum to ensure that devs will see it, but leaving a link in General Discussion so players can still comment and upvote to ensure that devs understand how much that suggestion is supported by the community.
  • I have seen several suggestion threads that have become changes over the past year.

~DW