Do you feel you should be allowed to trade covers?

Darknes21
Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
Im only proposing this question because recently I got a 5* pheonix green cover and I already had her maxed green (5-1-4). I emailed customer service and asked them to switch it for a different color (no shot in Hell). I got the typical email back about pull/drop rates are random and the normal ****. However towards the end of the email they suggested I make a suggestion on the forum and that the dev sometimes look at these suggestions (Hahahahaha). I checked the suggestion section and found out that somebody made a suggestion back in January(viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37571). That suggestion apparently never got looked at and got 3 pages.

So I just want to throw it out there. Do you think it would be cool to switch colors of covers? I personally think it would be great and would even pay a fee (hp 100-500) to do it.

Here is a copy and paste of the email. I wish I could send a SS of it but every time I try it never works.

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)
Jun 15, 10:34 PDT

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee to obtain rare characters or covers when redeeming recruit tokens or purchasing recruit token packs. The drop rates for each Recruit Token can be found by clicking the "?" icon displayed in their respective stores and are broken down for each featured event. Drop rates can be both good or bad, and the rate at which you pull covers has its own probability. While some probabilities may seem low, they can still occur. Please keep in mind that each Token pull made does not affect the outcome of your following pulls. We are sorry to hear that you didn't get the covers that you were hoping for, and we hope that you have better luck in the future, but there is little we can do regarding this issue.

We do not have a service that we offer to players for Comic Cover trading. If you wish for this to be a feature, we highly recommend posting your suggestion on the forums. Suggestions do get looked at by time to time and are a great way to get a backing from other players.

http://d3go.com/forums/

We understand your feelings regarding the drop rates. However, please note that probabilities for a given cover are not a guarantee. Since the outcome you observed is among the many possibilities, we will be unable to take any further action regarding this issue.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moving to SUGGESTIONS as requested by CS
  • Darknes21
    This topic was just moved so it can die!
  • wgasadude
    wgasadude Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Should make this a poll?

I think single cover for cover, same * level from queue - in alliance ...

Especially now with championing ..

Honestly suspect d3 to limit (not new chars, maybe by * level) if they ever implemented.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    it would have a fee associated with it - likely in hp. possibly cp. but that would be ok with me, depending on what the fee was. I don't think it would happen because it would cut into some of the spending.

edit: and I can totally relate, with a 4/1/5 OML and a 1/5/5 SS with no other 5* ability over 2 covers. sold so many OML reds and SS reds/blacks. awful feeling.
  • confuseus
    confuseus Posts: 7
    I'd lock it down to you can only trade or convert the cover if you have 5 of that cover.
  • They should have a system where you could trade covers within your alliance for free or for ISO.
  • AshA
    AshA Posts: 1
    I agree that they should allow cover trading within an alliance.

A few members of my alliance have very few 3* covers, so they cannot get in on "Dat Required Character" or "The Big Enchilada". I'd happily trade off a surplus 3* to help them out and strengthen my alliance. It'd be another reason to actually join an alliance.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I would agree on trading colors... Selling ten 4* covers only becuase you have 5/0/2 and bad luck is... painful.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    As a guy who drew 10 OML black covers and no yellow, I wholeheartedly agree. That, or let me champ my OML at 10/0/3 (it's still 13 covers!) so I can respec him

fret not though, CS is just as helpful to me as they were to you!
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    There are several reasons why D3 would never do this. Lets look at one. Players selling covers for money. D3 wants you to pay THEM. Anytime you want something to pull your wallet out, D3 makes the money, and no one else. If players can sell covers, what's to stop seller's alliances? Then we would see competition at the top even fiercer than it is now.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think that trading covers should be the fix for rng screwing you over, 4* and 5* covers should simply be colourless, either all the time (ideal option) or once you already have 5 in that particular colour, the only time you should be selling off 4* covers is if you don't want to roster a character or because they are not worth championing, it should not be because you have drawn umpteen more covers in one colour than the others.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    wirius wrote:
    There are several reasons why D3 would never do this. Lets look at one. Players selling covers for money. D3 wants you to pay THEM. Anytime you want something to pull your wallet out, D3 makes the money, and no one else. If players can sell covers, what's to stop seller's alliances? Then we would see competition at the top even fiercer than it is now.

I think this was answered a long time ago in a community video. This will create a black market environment and it will not be good for the game. Whether its within the alliance or not, it will not turn out well.
  • Darknes21
    Thx RNG for another green Phoenix that I can't use.....please start cover trading!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another vote for Trading covers within alliances. Even if there's a fee of Hero Points (cover level dependent, of course.), this is a good idea. As I've said before, my 2/5/3 Nick Fury would be a whole lot better if RNG was nicer to me and hadn't given me 12 Blue covers (including the first 9 I got for him. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif )

Heck, since we're in Magical Christmas Land here, set it up so if the people you were trading with didn't have a cover you wanted, put in a "I'll accept X ISO, Y Hero Points or Z Command Points" for it. But let's take the baby steps of setting up trades within alliances.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely a better fix than trading (which could easily be abused as far as the devs see it) would be to remove the colour of covers once you have 5 in that colour and in the case of 5* remove it for all covers.
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Im all for legendary tokens to be rainbow I contacted cs the other day after opening 2 legendary to get my 7th green chulk and 6 purple fury asking if it possible to alter covers I'd be happy to keep character if colour was optional my fury is 5,2,5 and my chulk at 5,0,2 so that 2000iso useless covers could fully built fury and helped build chulk if rainbow, there usual response was of no help and as usual a copy paste answer that didn't really have anything to do with what I asked them
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though I'm in an alliance where I'd likely benefit from cover trading I say no.

If it were to be implemented then it should be restricted to like for like except colour.

E.g. you can only trade a 4cyke for another 4cyke of a different colour.

Otherwise this would be open to rampant abuse from the top alliances
  • xone01
    xone01 Posts: 5
    I feel like a better option than trading would be a marketplace system where you post unwanted covers for other players to purchase (probably for hp). D3 could take a rake of like 10% or so (good for them as it removes currency from the system) and it would make players more likely to buy hp if they knew they could get the covers they're looking for (also good for d3). They could even have minimums to prevent abuse. For example a 4 star.png might be a minimum of 500 hp so that you can't just dump it off to your buddy for next to nothing.

I don't know if I'm off base here, but it seems like a no-brainer to me
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Would love that but the whales would exploit/ruin it for the rest of us
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trading with other players is a bad idea. It will always be abused.

Trading with the AI on the other hand prevents that abuse. There should be a Shield Shop, where you buy in-game items and among those would be to trade cover color. It looks in your queue for covers that according to your roster are not champed, and at 5 already and highlight them as eligible for trade for one of the other 2 colors, if those are not at 5 already. The cost is your existing cover, and if they want to be stingy, a little HP or a little CP, something relative to the rarity of the card, but not outrageous because you already have the cover so your already paid the price in time/effort/etc to get it... RNG just gave you the wrong one.

You pay the cover price and boom you "win" the replacement cover. They continue to control the flow of covers, there is no black market between players, they reclaim the old cover to be digitally recycled.