Tiered PvE events to improve 4* pulls

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We already know that difficulty is based on an algorithm that looks at the level of your characters and number of covers. In an event, why couldnt we separate higher level players into a differe mnt teir which has higher level rewards. Top 100 get a 4*, top 300 get a 3* and so on.

Theres simply too many 4* characters now and its entirely too hard to try and pull 4* and LT's. Why not have a competitive teir for higher level players with higher level rewards. This needs to happen

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    What makes a higher end player though and how does one determine if they are one. I've got 2 five stars(255), 17 championed 3 stars with the remaining 23 all at 13 covers, and several 4 star with covers ranging from 12 (just Ant man), several 6-9 covers, and many many 1-4 covers.

Where does that put a person like me? That's the problem.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why you create an Easy/Normal/Hard tiered PvE event.
    You pick one at the start and get the rewards accordingly.

It won't be as simple as just that, of course, you'd need to keep the scaling in mind so I don't blunder into a Hard Mode designed for this week's boosted 4* characters to already be championed and I turn up with my 10 cover Iceman with only one green like the guy who brings the Coors Light to a superbowl party.

Have a minimum and maximum level things can scale to, perhaps? Or just cater to the roster you have but gate off certain tiers?
    Like...if you want to go for the 4* prize, you need at least a 3* roster. If you're going for the 2-3* prize on lower tiers your 4*s and above are not allowed.

I'm speaking off the top of my head, of course. The prize structure does need to change. The meta is well into the 5* now but the game is still designed around a 3* meta mindset.