I won the EotS slice I was in but......

2»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    For those that have already hit perfect score... how many others have perfect score? I know you can only see the people around you and the top 10, I'm curious if when the slice ends, we get a count of how many people in each bracket and each slice got perfect. People thought that ties would not be a big factor with this format.

I wonder how many alliances with 5,182,440 points there will be, and how their placement will be determined...

My slice 5 ended with 9 ties for 1st with perfect scores. I finished 36th with ~59k off of a perfect score. I got scaled out on day 1 on the final node and just hit things 5-7 times every other day. I ended up top 50 everyday but the last where I finished 133rd since I only played the wave nodes enough time to pull the tokens (2 for IF and 5 for final node).

I didn't enjoy this event, the scaling was a bit too high on the clears past 5 and there were just too many clears, it felt like a chore.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    All my top10 in my bracket had perfect score. I was playing 'casually' (which looks like now is doing an average of 7-8 clears instead of 4-5 as it used to be, which if you ask I think is A BIG LOSS FOR ALL OF US), so I was just top100, so I can't see if there are more. This is really a super unfair format.

So let's recap:

More iso? nice.
    Playing without a clock? nice (even though I think 8 hours refreshes are not bad).

The amount of clears needed now for everything? HATE
    The amount of clears needed to get the interesting rewards? HATE, HATE
    Scaling? HATE, HATE, HATE

So I prefer the old format, if we got the same iso quantity in the old format it would be better in all fronts.

And again, scaling, which was the only thins they were supposed to fix for PvE remains completely broken. Thank you for nothing Devs.

PS: I don't understand WHY we move to the same concept as Galaktus/Ultron/CW ?????? 8 hour refreshes but you play whenever you want inside those 8hour slots.
    PS: Or let's just move to a progression only system which is what most of us want
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    [*]progression-only rewards
    [*]alliance cumulative progression only rewards
    [*]no placement rewards
    [*]put more rewards beyond the actual 25CP-milestone (or make the 25CP higher but with other rewards in between

I guess that's it, IMHO.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Meander wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    For those that have already hit perfect score... how many others have perfect score? I know you can only see the people around you and the top 10, I'm curious if when the slice ends, we get a count of how many people in each bracket and each slice got perfect. People thought that ties would not be a big factor with this format.

I can almost guarantee it will affect my bracket. Currently there are 6 at max. I'll hit it late tonight, but because I'm doing it near the end of the shard, I almost guarantee I'll be on the outside looking in on t10

Update- I took 10th, and there were 10 max players. Poor person in 11th was 50 off max. Almost felt bad overtaking them. Almost.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Meander wrote:
    Meander wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

I can almost guarantee it will affect my bracket. Currently there are 6 at max. I'll hit it late tonight, but because I'm doing it near the end of the shard, I almost guarantee I'll be on the outside looking in on t10

Update- I took 10th, and there were 10 max players. Poor person in 11th was 50 off max. Almost felt bad overtaking them. Almost.

Wow, that is brutal. Makes me think they had the issue where they had all green checks, but one node still had points. Pretty serious fail, on both parts, there.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I mostly agree with others here, but I'll just emphasize a few points.

1) You either need to get rid of placement rewards our find a better tie-breaker.
    2) This event took way too much time (per day). Cut it in half at least.
    3) For those of us transitioning to 4* rosters, seven day events don't have enough reward for the effort. Progression and placement rewards should be double what a three-day event gives.