I did everything right except...

Lopan15
Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I finished every node for 6 days in EOTS and was in 5th place. Then came the last day. I got called in to work and wasn't able to start my final grind until 2 hours after the last sub opened. I pulled into 12th. So, now there are 16 hours left in the sub, but I can do nothing......NOTHING to get more points or try to catch up. A 7 day event and it all comes down to that opening of the last sub and who can grind the fastest for placement. As predicted by.........everyone. At least with the 8 hour refreshes I could miss a 2 hour window and still be in the hunt. Heck I could miss a couple refreshes and still work my way back into the top 10 and it didn't require the 5+ hours I just ground (grounded? Grinded? Groundoxen?). Currently, 14 in my bracket are maxed and the 5 people I saw earlier below us are almost there. Easily 20+ people maxing points. I'm guessing it's the same for most people's brackets.

Comments

• padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    That's exactly why I skipped this event...

Sorry to hear about your case, being a 7 day event that really sucks, and I feel for you.

But other people and myself included have missed placements (many times!) due to last day burnt out, alert clocks failing, work schedule, family time, etc etc

It's the harsh reality of this competitive game
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only did 2 clears of the main node on the first day because I didn't realize it would go away. So right from the beginning I knew top 10 was out. It really took the pressure off for this PvE. So I didn't even bother trying to grind the ridiculous sub with 4 wave nodes. I just want top 50 at this point.