Boycott the VIP

Leadggb
Leadggb Posts: 23
The devs have had poor communication to the community that has been far too loyal to them. The latest PVE test has shown that they simply aren't listening to us. This VIP system is the latest example of them not addressing the major issues of this game. I propose that everyone boycotts the VIP system until they at least recognize that the following issues exist:

-The ISO shortage is more extreme than they will admit (an extra 10k ISO over 28 days is a drop in the bucket, and advertising the 2* max champ sell boost as a huge ISO gain, when it is still a net ISO loss to rechamp them is a joke. An extra 1800 a day from alliance participation was nice, but it is still a drop in the bucket. It takes ~300k to level a 4* so they can be usable the week they are buffed. The limiting factor on progress is ISO, by a large margin, it doesn't matter how many covers/tokens/hero points/command points the players earn at this point) giving the VIP members an ISO multiplier would be a HUGE step in solving this problem (instead of the incredibly small band-aids they have been putting over it.

-Players are punished for progressing their roster in pve. As your team gets higher level, the enemies also get higher level, and you play in more competitive brackets for the same rewards. There needs to be something to address this. This is how RPG's work: your characters get higher level, defeat tougher enemies for better loot, repeat. There needs to be a system where PVE enemy levels and ISO rewarded are directly correlated.

-Players are punished for progressing their roster in pvp. The increased MMR means that a superior roster cannot hit other players that are unshielded at the same point value as them, in their own bracket. If they can not play against each other, they should not be competing for the same rewards. It has been shown that rosters softcapped at 375 have an easier time getting to 1300 than rosters at 425 or 450. This is counter intuitive and needs to be addressed.

I'm not saying we should boycott the VIP until these are addressed. I just want a dev to at least acknowledge that these issues exist and that they are working on solutions, which they have refused to so far. They have decided we don't get communication, and I say we vote with our wallets until they show us they are listening.

Comments

• We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Then quit. It's a mobile game, it's not that serious. Christ.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i would delete this topic before it gets you ban
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    slidecage wrote:
    i would delete this topic before it gets you ban

the first rule of Marvel Puzzle Quest is... you do not talk about Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leadggb wrote:
    I propose that everyone boycotts the VIP system...
    I'm not saying we should boycott the VIP...

Okay then.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then quit. It's a mobile game, it's not that serious. Christ.

ITT it's impossible to enjoy something enough to want it to improve but still be unhappy with how things currently are.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plenty of people will buy the VIP outside of the forums, so it makes no difference.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Like I'll pay a premium for your flaming pitchforks! I'll just buy a regular pitchfork and set it ablaze myself...much more economical!
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    No. I like this game and am happy to support it month to month.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    brisashi wrote:

I would be happy to support it as well if I wasnt going to be paying to make the game harder for myself. Wait until you get a 5*, then let us all know how much you want to support the level scaling that attributes to you not being able to even consider attempting the last few nodes in an event.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I used to buy the Stark Salaries every time a new character PvP was released to get a few 40 packs and cover the new character until about October of last year.

Then I looked at my spending and realized that I could have taken a couple of fully paid vacations for the amount I was spending on the game. Rather than obtain self-control, I gave my phone to a friend and told him to lock the in-app purchases and to only unlock the phone for me if there was a small purchase that I wanted to make, followed by him relocking my phone.

I'm coasting on my former super whale roster. Regrettably the time-frame for my purchases were all prior to the bonus CP, champions, and the majority of the good 5* loot (I have a mostly fully covered Surfer and a halfway covered OML, mostly from the September and October purchases).

I can afford to be a super whale, I just decided that I'd rather spend the money on other things. While I continue to enjoy MPQ, I am just 100% against paying over $100.00 a month to keep up with the whales and the new releases. Even when whaling a new character, you would still need to spend like $500 just to keep up with the ISO requirements.

There's no way that having a maxed out new character in a match three puzzle quest game should cost me as much as a three day vacation in Vegas, a mortgage payment, parking downtown for three months, an Xbox One and two games, 10 high quality board games, two months of groceries, a new refrigerator, etc.

But I don't feel bad for playing for free from now on, because I've already spent more on this game than I would have spent on 50 brand new console games (and at least those have trade-in value).
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Buret0 wrote:
    I used to buy the Stark Salaries every time a new character PvP was released to get a few 40 packs and cover the new character until about October of last year.

But I don't feel bad for playing for free from now on, because I've already spent more on this game than I would have spent on 50 brand new console games (and at least those have trade-in value).

Wow. You have a much better paying job than I do, although I could never imagine paying $3,000 on a game no matter what. To each their own though, it was your money.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Like I'll pay a premium for your flaming pitchforks! I'll just buy a regular pitchfork and set it ablaze myself...much more economical!

What if we rebrand them as Very Ignited Pitchforks?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leadggb wrote:
    and advertising the 2* max champ sell boost as a huge ISO gain, when it is still a net ISO loss to rechamp them is a joke.

Except it's not a loss, as has been covered in more than a few places. At the 2* level it has an ROI of about 10%.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread TLDR:

Boycott this new feature you don't like by not buying it!
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    I just pulled 50 covers for X-23s event. Got zero X-23 covers. It's not the first time, and I'm still pretty salty about it. Am I going to get the VIP plan? Yes I am.

* One of my main issues is that it feels like there's only focus on character releases, and they're too fast with insufficient ISO-8. Everyone says it, and they're all correct. I'd love to have better draw rates and actual ISO-8 drops. 10k is laughable. Agreed.

* VIPs should have double ISO-8 drops. Seriously. Agreed.

* Character releases need to slow, and content needs to flow. Better DDQ, PVE seasons, and a free roam dungeon mode that we can start at any time at the difficulty we choose so it isn't a choice between grinding infinitely or getting demolished in PVP.

I'm buying the VIP package because I hope that stable and durable cash flow will change the approach of the development team and have them dial in to the needs of the passionate fan base and quite frankly, to put the "game" into the framework.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Frigs wrote:
    brisashi wrote:

I would be happy to support it as well if I wasnt going to be paying to make the game harder for myself. Wait until you get a 5*, then let us all know how much you want to support the level scaling that attributes to you not being able to even consider attempting the last few nodes in an event.

My OML is 360 and I'm still having fun.

The numbers might seem scary, but scaling is manageable.