friendly power should not destroy friendly cd tiles

jdoe893
jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
what do you guys think?its lame that when your cd is there on the board then it gets destroyed by your own team with their power such as xf,thunderous clap etc

the cd is there for a reason and one of them is not to get a 'duhhhhhh' feeling watching it disappear

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a risk you take for using a shakeup. That's part of the game design. It's something I take into account when choosing a team, as well as when to fire a power. If there's a chance you destroy your friendly tile, either delay the friendly tile or take the risk when you fire the destructive power. All of that has (theoretically) been taken into account when designing the power and deciding how much AP it costs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    some color flooders only target basic tiles (witch, fist, hb, etc). some convert ALL (ice). most all of the scattered tile destroyers (jugs, storms, hulk), do not discriminate, its just all rng. and we all love rng, right?

play with xpool some. or kate. sometimes you want that tile destroyed. you just have to keep that in mind when you throw out the cd and only throw green when the cd is off the board (if its witch, right after it fires, you're clear to fire green).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about don't use that power if you have a cd on the board, or use it but be okay with that cd being destroyed. Patience, my friend.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Disagree. But, of course my favorite countdowns are the ones you want to destroy. Countdown for what + surgical strike = icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ultimately, this is a problem better solved on the character select screen. Don't pair a big board shaker like Hulk with someone who depends on long countdowns finishing. Some characters pair extremely well, and other pairings can work against you.

That said, the whole boosted character situation can sometimes screw you over when the options are somewhat derpy together. I do think there is a bit too much focus on the weekly boosted few, and works against people wanting to be creative and try different teams.
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    but that doesnt seem to apply when the AI fire theirs