If this IS a veiled test for Progression Only, you all......

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
.....are setting us ALL UP for failure.

They will use the amount of clears and the amount of people who are tied for first place to set the progression bar SOOOOO high as the new PvE standard, that it will ONLY be you all to ever reach it, and maybe NOT even all of you will be able to, at that.

Please please please please think about this. It really just comes down to common sense. Think about alllll evidence. Think about all the previous tests. Think about the ridiculous statements they've given. Think about where things are more than likely headed. And maybe play accordingly?

Think about it. Thanks. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I have been kind of wondering if this was what they were up to.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm contributing to the negative. I'm neither maxing points nor hitting progression. Slackers, unite!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I don't necessarily disagree with this, grinders gonna grind. I can't imagine anyone with that level of dedication reading a forum post and going "oh, hey, maybe I should stop being a total barbarian in PVE."
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    .....are setting us ALL UP for failure.

They will use the amount of clears and the amount of people who are tied for first place to set the progression bar SOOOOO high as the new PvE standard, that it will ONLY be you all to ever reach it, and maybe NOT even all of you will be able to, at that.

Please please please please think about this. It really just comes down to common sense. Think about alllll evidence. Think about all the previous tests. Think about the ridiculous statements they've given. Think about where things are more than likely headed. And maybe play accordingly?

Think about it. Thanks. icon_e_smile.gif

It's a nice thought, but if we we all tanked these scores now, then that would buy us what? A month? Maybe two, of the new progression only events before the devs saw the exact same thing happening there? (especially during the first new character release under that format). Then they would scale it up anyway. Lucy's always going to move that football, Charlie Brown, and the MPQ mob is always going to grind.

And I doubt we'll ever see a progression only version of PVE become the norm anyway (beyond the character specific ones like Antman's or Cho's). That feels like a pipe dream of the boards that's just been talked about so much here that forum dwellers have convinced themselves it must be coming. The dev's haven't given anyway such indication they're thinking that way, its just people interpreting the play tests that way.

And I really hope I'm wrong on that, I would LOVE progression only PVE. But until they directly say it here or it shows up tomorrow with Moon Knight, I'm not convinced. (And if they have officially stated that somewhere please post the link, I would love to eat my own words on this.) icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prisoner dilemma here...I hope you all follow his advice.

There's only 1 truly beneficial outcome in the prisoners dilemma...
  • TLCstormz
    And what would that be, doctor?
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    So, what if they keep the current main event progression rewards exactly the same, and then just add progression rewards to the individual sub events. And the sub event progression rewards would be what the top placed people would be receiving for the sub events anyway, so you wouldn't be missing out on anything if you werent playing that much already. And the top placement rewards from the main event get added to the progression of the main event instead and "PVE" TRULY becomes "PVE".

You might say "that's a bad idea because then all of a sudden the n00b brackets are screwed out of the top tier rewards". That is a good point. BUT I would argue that if they really are in a n00b bracket then it's not the end of the world if they don't have access to 4 legendary tokens. If they can't hit full progression then they could still hit the 2* and 3* rewards, and the gold and ISO rewards. That would be more helpful to the power of their roster than undercovered 4* and 5* characters that they can't use until a certain point anyway, and which would mess up their matchmaking.

Honestly speaking, the reward system would work almost the exact same as gauntlet missions, and that's not a bad thing. The only way it would work though is if you took scaling completely out and ACTUALLY designed events and their rewards properly. Instead of easy nodes and hard nodes, they should have maybe 3 sets of 3 nodes. 1 set's progression gives you the 2* rewards for the event, 1 set's gives you the 3*s, and 1 set gives you the 4*s. The advantage of this is everyone who participates in an event get's rewards suitable to their current roster. The other advantage is that people will actually FEEL like they are doing better in the game when they are slowly hitting higher and higher progression rewards per event.
  • TLCstormz
    HOW ON EARTH IS THIS A SUGGESTION OR FEEDBACK FOR THE DEVELOPERS?????

lmfao