Konran's black power

Nightglider1
Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
I know this has been brought up before, but given the following description: "The Konran grabs a nearby ally and drains life from them, reinvigorating himself. Restores X points of health to the Konran and deals X damage to a random ally," shouldn't this not work if there are no allies to drain?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume that if there are no allies left the Konran grabs a random goon ninja who wasn't actually participating in the fight and drains him to death (because if he had enough health to stand up to the move he'd be fighting).

Hey, it makes more sense than any explanation of how Skull Cracker works against Galactus.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know this has been brought up before, but given the following description: "The Konran grabs a nearby ally and drains life from them, reinvigorating himself. Restores X points of health to the Konran and deals X damage to a random ally," shouldn't this not work if there are no allies to drain?

The developer has weighed in on this issue before. Word of god is that this is not a bug. The skill is working as designed.
    (It's a stupid and nonsensical flavor text description. But the skill itself is working as intended.)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went around and around with CS about this when they were first introduced. They only take into consideration the description that tells you what it does, not the narrative.

"Restores X points of health to the Konran and deals X damage to a random ally"

Since there is no if/then statement, it is not conditional. We know D3 hates to do conditional programming if they can at all help it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    As with every other power in this game that doesn't more or less explicitly state otherwise, if any of the effects are valid, those effects take place. A fully healed Silver Surfer can still fire his blue to make a few charged tiles.