PVE rewards structure

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm of the opinion that this can be fixed real easy and fair. I love the progression rewards, and the individual node awards. I love the vaults. I think something like this would be wickedly awesome:

* Cut out the placement rewards. Instead:
- Have each node w/ 7 rewards
-- 6 being your standard tokens/iso/etc
-- 7th available only after having earned previous 6 and it is a Vault token
- Have a vault for each event
-- Vault has 300 (or more) rewards
-- On new character releases have 3 covers in the vault - 1 of each color
* Keep progression rewards similar to as they are now. Except:
- add more tiers
- increase value of iso rewards
* 24 hours to complete all 7 attempts on all 9 nodes
- Perhaps another vault token for completing all 63 matches per sub event so that each sub event awards a total of 10 vault tokens and a total of 70+ potential vault tokens over the course of a 7 day event (3 and 4 day events should be scaled accordingly on the amount of rewards in the vault)

Benefits of my suggestions:
* If it really is about income, people will buy 10 and 40 packs on the vaults to ensure the get all 3 covers of new characters
* PVE potentially becomes more popular as it is now challenging, but not difficult and the rewards are worth playing for
* Players can play at their own pace and as much as they want depending on what they want
* Everyone can be guaranteed a legitimate opportunity on getting new characters

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is one alternative to you suggestion.c instead of placement rewards make it an alliance based progression for 3 covers like the boss battles. You can then make sub progression for 25 HP, 3000 ISO and 2 CP. in the personal progression you can add another 25 HP another 2000 ISO and a new 4* character.

My issue with putting everything in the vault is you are saying playing the game will garuntee you nothing. If you can do all the clears for the very sub you should be able to get the new cover. At that point you have earned the cover rather than gotten lucky with RNG
  • djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    Have each node w/ 7 rewards
    -- 6 being your standard tokens/iso/etc
    -- 7th available only after having earned previous 6 and it is a Vault token

I personally hate this idea. This kills those that are at the lower end still expanding their rosters because you know they won't do away with scaling. In the current event in the first sub I was being outscaled by the 9th or 10th clear. In the second the 5th or 6th clear in the later nodes. That kind of scaling would ensure I get 0 event tokens. As it is I've gotten lucky and gotten the tokens before the scaling blew my roster away. I have ended up leaving a ton of iso still on the board tho because of course I hit the crit boosts & 70 iso while the 1k & 500 iso sit there and I can't do another clear unless maybe I get some unreal cascade. And none of this mentions the waves. God I hate clearing a 5 wave node 6 times only to see the best node reward still sitting there.