Forum thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum thread

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    3. For some dumb reason I was rostering new characters as I went. I had (had!) several extra slots with 1* TUs in them. Whenever you're processing a pile of covers, you need an open slot to iso farm 3*s and 4*s in. My dumb butt filled all the slots, using the last one for a single BSSM cover ... then had to buy a slot just to pair up and sell covers. D'oh!

Can you explain this bit for me? I'm not sure what's meant by an open slot needed to iso farm.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Can you explain this bit for me? I'm not sure what's meant by an open slot needed to iso farm.

2 4*s of same color are more valuable together than they are as singles. Recruit one, train a 2nd cover to it, level a bit, sell for a bit more iso.

It sells for more trained as a pair than as two singles?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats! It's the end of an era!

Great pulls too, I'm wildly envious of your Goblin - only have one cover of him.

Also considering recycling all my 2*s... I need to stop selling them for iso the minute I get them...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aes, I am only disappointed I wasn't around to witness this live. Huzzah! Hoarding FTW!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    congrats aes - was wondering how long you were going to holdout. good to see a reasonable pull rate for you. and a nice, broad 5* roster developing. good lucking getting home on thing and fury.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    It sells for more trained as a pair than as two singles?

As long as the color is the same, i.e you have a 2/0/0 and not a 1/1/0. There's an optimal level for 3/0/0 too (not soft cap). So basically every time you get a cover from self & alliance in a PvP that you'd otherwise sell off.

IIRC, it's about +308 for a 3*. Dunno what it is for a 4*.
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    DFiPL wrote:

2 4*s of same color are more valuable together than they are as singles. Recruit one, train a 2nd cover to it, level a bit, sell for a bit more iso.

This is great info! Was not aware of this till now. Thanks aes
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:

Just tried it with 2 different heroes and it did NOT work. Had 2 Totally Awful and 2 ProX in que. Put one on the roster leveled it some and it still sold for 1k. Did the same with the other one and same thing, only 1k.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Phaentom wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Just tried it with 2 different heroes and it did NOT work. Had 2 Totally Awful and 2 ProX in que. Put one on the roster leveled it some and it still sold for 1k. Did the same with the other one and same thing, only 1k.

Then either you had different color covers or didn't level them high enough. You need to level until you see the sell amount change.
  • TxMoose
    Phaentom wrote:
    1 - they have to be the same color. the second cover of the same color allows extra levels compared to a different color.
    2 - they have to be leveled to cross to the selling threshold of their softcap. that is usually a level or 2 below their softcap. I'm not 100% sure, but I think for 4s, 2 colors of an ability allows leveling to 83 or so. leveling them to 82 or so crosses the sell threshold (don't remember what it is). and they sell for more than the 2 covers plus the leveling cost. not loads more, but every little bit helps.

anyone with confirmed numbers can add those. I can't 100% recall.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    1 - they have to be the same color. the second cover of the same color allows extra levels compared to a different color.
    2 - they have to be leveled to cross to the selling threshold of their softcap. that is usually a level or 2 below their softcap. I'm not 100% sure, but I think for 4s, 2 colors of an ability allows leveling to 83 or so. leveling them to 82 or so crosses the sell threshold (don't remember what it is). and they sell for more than the 2 covers plus the leveling cost. not loads more, but every little bit helps.

anyone with confirmed numbers can add those. I can't 100% recall.

I looked it up. Level to 83 and sell for 4,000 ISO (1077 extra ISO total).
  • TxMoose
    edited June 2016
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    I looked it up. Level to 83 and sell for 4,000 ISO (1077 extra ISO total).
    edit: yeah, you were right. 83 is where it crosses over to 4K. not sure what the cap is on 2 covers, but I think its above 83, so if you just hit the big button, you'll waste just a little iso.
  • TxMoose
    hah! I didn't know they changed between levels. kinda funny.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. This is excellent information to have, wish I had know about it sooner. I have two green Punisher covers in my queue that I can use this trick on. I also have a black Cho cover and could get another from She-hulk's champion rewards...
    Very good info, thanks a lot!