Alliance chat messages not showing up (iOS)

Sluggo
Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
I've been seeing this problem for a while. An alliance chat message will show up, seemingly completely out of context, like it's responding to a message I can't see. Maybe hours later, or maybe the next day, other messages will eventually show up, and then the conversation makes sense.

Like yesterday, I received a chat message saying:
"yeah, 3k is doable in PVP if you have an alliance coordinating"

then today, several more messages appeared, timestamped earlier than the initial one, like:
"how do people get 3k in PvP? I can't even hit 1k"

In short, my alliance messages appear in dribs and drabs. Some appear when they're sent, some appear to get caught in limbo for hours or even days before they show up. I'm using an iPhone 6+ currently using iOS 9.3.2 (always kept up to date) and have been experiencing this issue for months.

Comments

• Dex 007
    Dex 007 Posts: 13
    I'll second this. I've had the same thing happen, where I realize I'm missing chat messages due to the context of one that does show up. I've found if you shut the app down (double click home, swipe up) and reload it pulls them over. Would love to see this fixed.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happens on Android, too
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    In-game chat has been problematic since it was introduced. It also still doesn't support autocorrect or text selection on iOS.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    This is really annoying (Android user here). I will have an alliance member request specific team ups and I see the team up request but don't see the actual message he sent out about what team ups he or she wants. This is in addition to seeing replies to messages that I can't see.

The only workaround I've found is closing MPQ and launching it again. When I do that all messages show up.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    this happens a lot. hard to discuss anything when some can't see what's being said. requests don't get seen and others have to fill in what should be there anyway.