New PVE system - views from a T1 pve player

nic13
nic13 Posts: 87
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've ranked t1 in PVE for almost every new char. I'm ranking t1 in EOTS sub. Hence a big caveat right at the start of this post : I like placement based pve. It adds a competitive element to what is otherwise just a grind (which is what pvp has become, tbh).

I kind of like the new system. Here's why:

(Please forgive me for sounding brusque, I'm not good with flowery language

Problems with old/existing system
1. It's already a lot better than the 3h refreshes.
2. But in competitive brackets, clearing an hour early could cost you a placement rank.
3. Scaling cap was giving me a stupid advantage. Good players with less fancy rosters could never beat me, no matter how hard they try. It's unfair. I play hard, yes, but so do they.

New test system
Pros
1. Scaling is tuned right. Matches challenging, not hair-tearingly difficult like bugged gauntlet.
2. No worry about clear times. I just have to pick a start time that works for me. And ultimately, even that'd matter for only the final sub. I like this, I really do.
3. No more bracket sniping
4. So. Much. ISO.

Cons
1. The one with the health packs wins. This also means the one with the hp and willingness to buy packs wins.
2. My eyes hurt so bad after the 4h of play. I will try again for a 1-day sub, maybe it is better.
3. Seriously, stop testing with EOTS. Or anything with waves.

My take for ideal :
Maybe lesser clears. It'd make it more competitive, but I'm OK insofar everybody has a fair chance at being t1. I'm OK with placement so long it is not skewed to favour those with hp.

Caveat : This pve would have been sick but was playable because they had the two best anti-ninja characters buffed and I have both champed.