MPQ R102: Hot Fixes *Updated (06/16/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Starting today, we're going to begin posting info for Marvel Puzzle Quest hotfixes that arrive with the daily data updates. We'll keep the thread updated whenever relevant info is available. (Note: not every daily patch includes a hotfix - so this thread will not be updated daily.)

June 16th
    • Fixed a bug where you could cast Storm (Classic)'s Lightning Storm as a 5 power Team-Up if you did not have any Green AP. • Fixed a bug with the Countdown tile created from Psylocke's Bewilder power so that it would have the proper description.

June 15th
    • Reduced the time a few countdown tiles took to activate from minion powers to match the current description of the power. This affects H.A.M.M.E.R. Sniper's power Deadly Shot, Subject's power Detonate, and Criterion's power Detonate. • Fixed a bug where Iron Man (Hulkbuster)'s powers did not have banners when fired by the opponent. • Fixed a bug with the Countdown tile created from Colossus' power Immovable Object so that it would have the proper description. • Fixed a bug with Spider-Man (Back in Black) where the banners of Automotive Artillery and Sahdowy Acrobatics would overlap when Automotive Artillery was fired by the opponent.

June 14th
    • Fixed bug: Ant-Man's Pym Particles and Elektra's Ballet of Death & Shadow Step powers were not properly playing an animation when the traps were placed on the board. • Fixed bug: If War Machine was stunned while the Countdown tile created by his power Aerial Assault was already in play, he would no longer create Attack Tiles after the stun effect wears off. • Fixed bug: Magneto (Marvel NOW!)'s Iron Hammer and Magnetic Flux powers did not display a banner when they were placed on the board. • Fixed bug: Countdown tiles created from Magneto (Marvel NOW!)'s Iron Hammer and Magnetic Flux powers displayed the power description instead of the Countdown tile's description.

June 10th
    • The power banner now displays when Beast (Classic)'s Mutagenic Breakthrough Countdown tile activates.

June 9th
    • Fixed a bug where the opponent's Iron Man (Model 40) recharge power was not displaying a Banner when used. • Fixed a bug where the opponent's Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) Psychic Feedback power was not displaying a Banner when used.

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you. Increase in communication is always highly appreciated.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Next step, schedule the pushes so that they don't make me lose my queued seeds in LRs.

Seriously though, this is awesome. I'm sure just as many changes get put in these releases as the ones we get notes for and it will be great to see what they are.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a big step in the right direction. Increased open communication is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love stuff like this. Looking forward to it!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You could say this was ...

a Banner day for communication.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

cowboy-shaking-head.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks as always for the increased communication!!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options

giphy.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

635889743644795954-ruffalo.png
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So... are these software updates that don't go through the Apple Store Updates system? Things that we won't have to manually trigger an update for, but that just get pushed automagically?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Mikey Boy wrote:
    are these software updates that don't go through the Apple Store Updates system? Things that we won't have to manually trigger an update for, but that just get pushed automagically?

Yes. These are the "automagic" ones. icon_e_wink.gif
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I really like when there are communication like this from the devs.

However, are these banners really necessary ? While it is very informative for new players. However, it offers nothing to experienced users. Not only it slows the game down without any benefits, it is very distractive and disruptive for the game flow the as well. It would be nice if there is an option to turn it off for people who don't want to see it.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    This is very good news! I'll check this thread often.

Feels much better to be told here then to learn several weeks later what everyone else has already learned on line chat.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Next step, schedule the pushes so that they don't make me lose my queued seeds in LRs.
    this!! if there is any way these can be pushed out between LRs, or at a known, set schedule, that would be awesome. right now it varies quite a bit - any time between 4 and 6 pm central from what I've noticed. thanks David for the comm.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 wrote:
    Thanks for the update. I really like when there are communication like this from the devs.

However, are these banners really necessary ? While it is very informative for new players. However, it offers nothing to experienced users. Not only it slows the game down without any benefits, it is very distractive and disruptive for the game flow the as well. It would be nice if there is an option to turn it off for people who don't want to see it.

Yep, 'tis The Banner Saga.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Super awesome info, Dave!!!

:+D

ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE FIXING OF THE WAVE NODE BANNER MISINFORMATIONS..........
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, the amount of bugs introduced by a feature that no one asked for and few enjoy ("banners") is ridiculous. It's sad that precious development time that could be used towards stuff that the players have begged for for years (like the one-press levelling up button) is being spent squashing the bugs of this useless feature. It is a nice flavour touch, yeah, but such luxuries are reserved for and appreciated in games with no critical issues.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why have the hot fix updates stopped?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why have the hot fix updates stopped?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"](Note: not every daily patch includes a hotfix - so this thread will not be updated daily.)
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These notices didn't mention fixing Vision's blue.