Neverending Wave Mode?

Kenyzdor
Kenyzdor Posts: 6
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As I was playing the Enemy of the State wave nods right now I found that it's quite enjoyable as it is different from the usual three opponent match. So I thought that it would be cool sometimes to test myself in a battle of neverending waves with increasingly more powerful foes. The further someone gets the better. Kinda like survival mode in many other games. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in something like that and if it would be possible to create something like this in game.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I requested something like this a long time ago. I think it would be fun, but I don't think it will ever happen.

There are certain team combinations that result in the player having a neverending turn, and those would just be exploited to reach whatever the highest possible rewards were in the mode.

Edit: I think it would be fun if the team you got to use was pre-set. That way all players are playing with the same resources and it could truly be a competition to see who could last the longest. I think that would be fun.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only if the awards are std tokens and critical boosts.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    If you remember, they actually did this in the first run of EoTS: one of the nodes was bugged, and never ending. I was running LCap, Blade and Kamala Khan, so I was able to keep going, and going... I finally gave up after about 45 minutes. Given that we hadn't really had wave nodes before, I wasn't entirely sure something was wrong.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't neverending wave mode just another name for their new character release schedule? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I have suggested this in the past, as have a number of others. It would be easy to implement and give the game some more life. I'm coming up on 1 year and the repetitiveness of PvE and PvP is wearing on me. Right now I'm down do just doing DDQ most days. What's the point in rostering and leveling 100 characters if most of them are never used? In PvP I see the same few characters used 99% of the time. I want reasons to use more of the characters. I also want more variety in the matches themselves. It's getting very boring using the same couple of teams to blast through the same stories against the same enemies the same way over and over (and over and over).
  • Kenyzdor
    Kenyzdor Posts: 6
    I have suggested this in the past, as have a number of others. It would be easy to implement and give the game some more life. I'm coming up on 1 year and the repetitiveness of PvE and PvP is wearing on me. Right now I'm down do just doing DDQ most days. What's the point in rostering and leveling 100 characters if most of them are never used? In PvP I see the same few characters used 99% of the time. I want reasons to use more of the characters. I also want more variety in the matches themselves. It's getting very boring using the same couple of teams to blast through the same stories against the same enemies the same way over and over (and over and over).

I completely agree. A new way of playing would really make the game more interesting. Don't get me wrong I love all the other events, such as Galactus and Civil War. However, adding a new mode to the game would mean I could play something new every day instead of waiting for a special event. You could make such survival mode easily accessible to all players including the new ones as you could make one for a star.png team star.pngstar.png team and so on.