Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #42!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This week Leonard takes Ian's seat as we talk about all the current news, another test event, more ISO-8, lengthy Dying on the Vine segments, and the feature Character of the week: the Invisible Woman!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e42.html

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    W00t! Listening now.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have only listed to a few episodes so far. Not bad!

I think the game definitely has enough depth to support a podcast of this format. But I think this 'cast could benefit from a broader perspective. Perhaps I have just listened to the wrong episodes, but judging from the posted hosts' rosters and my limited listening experience, it seems like all 3 hosts are long time players with 3* rosters still in the early phases of their 4* transitions, and the conversation is therefore heavily slanted towards 3* tactics and strategies. Bias towards veterans is probably inevitable since no one is likely to commit podcast-hosting time to a game they just started playing, but some input from 4* and 5* players would have been a welcome addition to the few episodes I have heard. Then again, what do I know!?
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Agreed, the podcast is heavy on the 3 star meta but for me that's not a problem really. I just think of it as nostalgia and chuckle a bit to myself when I realize they are still in the "HP is so restricted"-phase and not yet in the "why is there no ISO what so ever in this game"-phase

It's a fun cast of people through which makes for an entertaining listen.

Ps. If you want input from a day 950+ player send me a pm. TS

z
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have only listed to a few episodes so far. Not bad!

I think the game definitely has enough depth to support a podcast of this format. But I think this 'cast could benefit from a broader perspective. Perhaps I have just listened to the wrong episodes, but judging from the posted hosts' rosters and my limited listening experience, it seems like all 3 hosts are long time players with 3* rosters still in the early phases of their 4* transitions, and the conversation is therefore heavily slanted towards 3* tactics and strategies. Bias towards veterans is probably inevitable since no one is likely to commit podcast-hosting time to a game they just started playing, but some input from 4* and 5* players would have been a welcome addition to the few episodes I have heard. Then again, what do I know!?

They did have two episodes dealing with just that, one a beginners guide of sorts here: http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/beginner-tutorial.html
    and another about the 2 to 3 star transition: http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/2to3-star.html

Check them out!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Bubbles! icon_lol.gif
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    loved the Episode as usual. Really enjoyed the extended format 2 hours is still not enough haha so many tangents and great laughs. You should definitely release the full unedited version each week for the patrons and release the usual cut version for everyone else. A lot of enjoy the extended unedited versions a lot

Thanks as usual and you earned your $1 icon_e_smile.gif
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    This one was especially entertaining, thank you for it.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Time for a new MPQ podcast: The Four Star Squadron. Make it happen.

My entire car ride to work today was derailed by the derailing in the full derail episode. As I was getting out of my car they had just said that date it was.

Craig also called me out by name. I'm on two podcasts Craig. Two. I'm always available for another guest star spot. Damn you Leonard!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Just started listening, can't believe I never looked for an MPQ podcast. Love the format, love the discussions. Probably gonna binge the podcast for a while.
    In regards to your 2 star champ discussions; Sell those 2 star champs! I only have one 1 star and four 2 star characters. I usually have a free spot for a one cover 2 star for a required node. I have enough hero points that I have every 3 and 4 star with two free slots. I am planning on rotating two star champs using the iso from selling to dump into a new champ just to keep some progression at that level. I definitely don't miss Ares or Wolverine, as good as they were for a while.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Listened to the normal one yesterday and the long one this morning. Impressed by the quality of the editing that goes on behind the scenes.

And yes, I am that sad, sorry fool that forced himself to play with Chulk over and over during last weekend just so he could comment on it. It was as horrible an experience as it sounds icon_cry.gif