Progression indicator

carrion_pigeons
carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
Can we please have some kind of UI image that indicates how close to the minimum rate we are to hit progression?

Like, I know that it's generally something like 3.5 clears to make it, but it'd be super nice to just have a progression bar that measures your progression rate and tells you whether or not you're staying above water.

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Can we please have some kind of UI image that indicates how close to the minimum rate we are to hit progression?

Like, I know that it's generally something like 3.5 clears to make it, but it'd be super nice to just have a progression bar that measures your progression rate and tells you whether or not you're staying above water.

A progress bar would be great to have. If they do it, I'd suggest tick marks for each sub with the spacing reflective of the amount of points available in each sub. So the first tick marks would be closer together. That would let people account for the fact that more points are available near the end of the event.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    or they could actually communicate the needed clears/sub for progression? its happened once or twice - that was great.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with clears/sub is that it assumes you have all the essential characters. If you don't (or you can't beat the hardest non-essential node) then you need to make up points by doing extra clears of other nodes more times. How many clears is the big mystery.

That mystery is even harder to solve under the old PvE where you have a timer that means if you aren't optimally clearing you are losing points there too. That's one reason I detest the old system because I can't play optimally.

So yeah a Progress Bar would be amazing to have if it was implemented as Stax suggested (these are the kinds of things the VIP 'experience' should be adding to the game in addition to the goodies it plans to hand out).

KGB