Should feeder system be demolished? [POLL]

2»

Comments

• tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Haha.. And u forget to mention moonstone.. Eating enough photon blast?
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    *om nom* Oh, so good *nom nom* I love getting stabbed for 6k before I can possibly down any of my *slobber nom nom* opponent's and even if I *gobble nom* take all the red on the *slurrrrrp* board she still *glomph* shoots me in the [edit].

I mean. RIGHT in the [edit]. It's delicious.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. Guard Dog.

Ugh. Freakin' Guard Dog. I gave up trying to clear She-Hulk's required node. I was using her, IM40 and Classic Daken, who was mostly there to try and tank and regenerate some health in between hits. But once the Carnage and the two Mutations got rolling, there's no recovering from taking 2K or 3K damage per turn while only regenerating ~500 or 600.

Two times in a row I was able to kill off Carnage, but there's no way to clear out the enemy strike and attack tiles because of the flipping Guard Dog power, unless you have a character with a good board clearing move. I probably should have used She-Hulk's some, but I was saving the red for IM40.

So inevitably I always lost the match because I couldn't reduce the amount of damage I was taking each turn. Probably the worst thing about Guard Dog is that when Carnage was still active and making matches, my character in front took damage if he matched any strike or attack tiles, which was pretty hard to avoid. If Guard Dog was tweaked so it only caused damage if the hero team made a match and didn't when the AI makes a match, that would help some.

I was going to give it one last shot, swapping out Rocket&Groot for Daken, but ran out of time. Figured their green move would have been a safe way to clear the board of strike, attack and CD tiles. Guess I'll have to wait until next time. And hopefully She-Hulk won't be the required character. I probably wouldn't have had any issues with this node if I could have used IM40, R&G and Daken.
  • LuciferianX
    Speaking of Guard Dog. I realized what the problem is with it.

It always targets us, the player. If their team makes a match, it should target the team that made said match. This might result in the dog biting itself, or something similarly wonky, but it would still make more sense than us getting chewed on for a cascade we didn't cause.
  • DarthDeVo
    Speaking of Guard Dog. I realized what the problem is with it.

It always targets us, the player. If their team makes a match, it should target the team that made said match. This might result in the dog biting itself, or something similarly wonky, but it would still make more sense than us getting chewed on for a cascade we didn't cause.

I'd be down with that too. There is just no good way to clear any special tile without taking damage, unless you use a board clearing power of some kind. If I remember right in that PvE I lost matches on several occasions because I had taken Carnage out and was actively not trying to make any special tile matches to avoid activating Guard Dog. I usually lost those matches because I inevitably had to swap special tiles or wasn't able to match away CD tiles before they resolved and just didn't have the health reserves to withstand such constant damage. Or in order to match away some of the CD tiles so I didn't take damage when they resolved, I usually had to swap with a special tile. Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

I probably would have had the health to spare if I hadn't been taking damage while Carnage was still alive every time the AI swapped with a special tile. Whether it's tweaked so whichever team that makes the match takes damage or tweaked so that damage is only dealt when the hero team makes a match, something should be changed so we aren't hammered for something we didn't even do.
  • LuciferianX
    That's why I championed Ant-Man. He's amazing utility in those circumstances.
  • DarthDeVo
    That's why I championed Ant-Man. He's amazing utility in those circumstances.

Oh, I don't doubt it. I think I've heard Quake is useful in those circumstances too.

I'm pretty far off from having any usable 4*'s at this point. I've only been playing for about 4.5 months, so focusing on building out my 3*'s right now. Part of the problem with that PvE sub (and the She-Hulk required node in particular) was I had a few champed 3*'s at that point, which I'm sure bumped up my MMR and thus all the nodes in PvE, but my She-Hulk was very minimally covered (1/1/1 for most of the event, think I gained an extra cover before it was over). So I could play her required node, but I was pretty **** being forced to use her. If she would have been closer to cover maxed, it may have been a different story. I had to give up on the higher levels though because I was burning through health packs.

And I don't mind challenging game play, but that particular node crossed from challenging to make-me-want-to-throw-my-Kindle-across-the-room frustrating, all thanks to the Carnage/Guard Dog combo.