Gotta give credit when it's due D3 (not sarcasm)

rbdragon
rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
When D3 makes a mistake or does something ridiculous, I have no problem calling them out on it. I think that's our "right" as a playerbase to be heard - whether or not it does anything. But it has to go both ways too - when they do something right, we should give them a shout out.

I pulled a red Silver Surfer today - a cover I already have maxed. It's the 3rd Surfer I have pulled that I can't use. Mine is 5/5/2 and I've pulled 2 reds and a blue since then. I contacted customer service and requested they give me a one time color swap exception, pointing out that it is well known they have gifted others specific 5* covers in the past when they have requested due to not pulling any. I knew it was a long shot, but you never know unless you ask. Anyway, I was given a response that I didn't exactly want to hear as they told me they were unable to do this for me.

So why am I giving props to them?

Well, for one - they answered my ticket in 22 minutes! That's damn impressive in my opinion. And although I didn't get what I had hoped, I was offered something smaller as a one time thing. The letter has a bunch of form letter stuff in it of course, but I didn't feel like I was ignored or brushed off. I felt like they tried to appease a long time customer/player while staying within their policies.

So thank you D3 customer service - I've complained about you in the past, so it's only fair I praise you when you deserve.... icon_e_biggrin.gif

still wish I coulda gotten that black cover though icon_lol.gif

Comments

• CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    What was the smaller offer?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    When D3 makes a mistake or does something ridiculous, I have no problem calling them out on it.

But you only have 376 posts?

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    What was the smaller offer?

to address the problem of poor token rng, they offered me..... another token.

i told them to keep it. this seems to be the "new" unwritten policy in light of increased odds for 5* drops in tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes CS can surprise you. Around Christmas I accidentally sold a Miles Morales cover from my queue (this was when he was brand new). I submitted a ticket and they did give me the cover back, though they also pointed out that this is not standard procedure.
    I guess you need to be lucky to get to talk to the right CS agent...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Sometimes CS can surprise you. Around Christmas I accidentally sold a Miles Morales cover from my queue (this was when he was brand new). I submitted a ticket and they did give me the cover back, though they also pointed out that this is not standard procedure.
    I guess you need to be lucky to get to talk to the right CS agent...
    they did that once for me with gwen. after a long, late grind, I should never be managing my queued covers icon_lol.gif
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't had to reach out to CS for something like that, but if we want to give them credit, I'd like to thank them for the bonus ISO for alliance members playing. Just wanting to stay positive. Like a say a nice thing about D3. icon_e_smile.gif

I'm glad they reached out to you so quickly!