When to take first 4 star character to 270?

lemieux2005
lemieux2005 Posts: 10
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello,

I’ve finally reached the point in time where I have both the isos and covers available to take my first 4 Star Character, Hulkbuster, to level 270 (it is currently at level 180). However, I’m really debating whether I should risk taking it to 270. Hulkbuster is certainly one of the best characters in the game, and it would certainly become my go to character. However, I am highly concerned that that a level 270 character, especially when they are the boosted character for the week, would significantly increase my scaling and cause more bad than good.

To provide you with some background information, I rarely if ever take part in PvP due to my roster. I play in a very active PvE alliance where I aim for and earn the 25 Command Points in almost every event. I also aim for top 100 in each new character release PvE. In the current Venom Bomb event, the final node of Brooklyn Bridge has Carnage, Venom and a Demolisher at levels 241-242.

My current roster is as follows:

5 Star Characters – I have five 5 star characters on my roster with all of them being level 255. Silver Surfer has the most covers with six.

4 Star Characters – I have every 4 star character on my roster. I currently have two (X-Force and Hulkbuster) that sit at thirteen covers each. My Hulkbuster is currently my highest level 4 star character at level 180. I have a handful of other 4 star characters that have between nine and eleven covers, but are not higher than level 135.

3 Star Characters – I have every 3 star character on my roster, with twenty nine of them championed. My highest level 3 star character is at level 184.

I realize that at some point in time I will have to start leveling my 4 star characters. However, I am concerned that if I only take one character to 270, it would cause great imbalance. When I leveled my 3 star characters, I tried to level them all evenly, and never had less than ten characters at max level. Due to the iso cost with 4 star characters, and also due to my lack of covers, that strategy does not seem efficient for my 4 star roster.

Instead of leveling Hulkbuster to 270, I could use the isos to level another four to five under-covered 4 star characters to the 160-180 range, or I could level approximately three of my under levels 3 star characters to 166 and champion them. I don’t want to get completely passed up by rosters with many championed 4 star characters, but yet, I don’t want to completely throw off my scaling which could make reaching the 25 Command Point benchmark in each event significantly more difficult. Sadly, I don’t know if taking Hulkbuster to 270 will help or hurt me.

Additionally, I also have a Hulkbuster cover sitting in my queue, and when I level Iron Fist one more level, I will receive an additional Hulkbuster cover.

I would appreciate any advice.