Nova red no longer functioning properly w/ black strikes.

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
Also heard it doesn't work with 3BE and 3* Pun if black strikes are made. OML puts out his black friendly tiles, which should activate Nova red into Rocket Man. Since the update, it only changes if you put out a strike tile using Nova.

See below screenshot, black strikes are clearly visible (made my OML), but Rocket Man is not available (as it was yesterday)
GXNHlWj.jpg

Comments

• trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Found this out when he was essential in Peggy PVE. Didn't know he'd been broken this long
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    weird thing is, it works sometimes with oml strikes and sometimes doesn't. I haven't figured out the key to it working yet. really sucks to get it set up and then red falls flat.
  • Malcrof
    It will work, you just have to wait a few turns, BUT, if you use, say nova yellow to make strikes, it is ready instantly.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to post this, glad to see it's already out there.

Not so glad that it's been out there this long and it's not fixed yet, especially since Nova is now an essential in a new-character, double-ISO event.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am bumping because I want my Nova to work correctly with OML.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I am bumping because I want my Nova to work correctly with OML.
    Please do not "bump" threads just to return them to the top. See the forum rules for more info.

12. No spamming. This includes posting off-topic content, advertisements, low-content posts like lone emoticons, or any other posts that do not actually contribute information to the topic at hand (such as *bump* posts).

(Emphasis mine)

-DayvBang
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Made my own thread, didn't see this one. Still not fixed in R104... I only champed Nova today and find this out now, it's highly disappointing.
  • Malcrof
    OJSP wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    It will work, you just have to wait a few turns, BUT, if you use, say nova yellow to make strikes, it is ready instantly.
    Perhaps it doesn't work instantly with OML's blackflag.png because of the end of turn mechanism?

I just tried him with X-23 and after Berserker Fury, Take Off changed to Rocket Man in the same turn.

It should have been patched by now, will try it again at some point today, here's hoping!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I tried this today. Nova correctly switches with Punisher's blue, but still does not switch with OML's black. That's a very specific bug...

Edit: just realized I don't have the latest patch because it's slow to come to amazon app store. Will try again when I do have it.
  • donnel
    donnel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I'm sure someone has identified this issue already, but it's been a month or 2 since I've seen it and doesn't appear to be fixed, so here goes. When other heroes create black strike tiles, Nova does not recognize the conditions being met for Rocket Man. I've seen this with OML, where a cast of Living Legend followed by Takeoff only results in additional strike tiles being added (no airborne).
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    going to add my issue in here but I started using Nova on high stakes and I have him 5/1/5. My rocket man is doing 100 dmg when it says it should be doing 3000+

Below is before and after. I did have 750 or so of dmg from strike tiles on board
    http://imgur.com/a/0Za9a