Small UI change [Flashing VIP] [Merged Thread]

ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So it updated on steam today, and i noticed they put the Shield resupply button on the left side now instead of right, might be nothing but i've known this game enough that they never change things like that without a reason.

Mod Edit: Merged threads, clarified title.

Comments

• elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I noticed that the game had a ~52MB update on Steam yesterday, but that's the only difference I could find. I doubt moving a button would require that much space, so I assume there's more going on in the background somewhere.

Too bad they couldn't take the time to fix the countdown delays instead of moving a button, am I right?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    The new patch has shifted the daily resupply from right to left.

Everytime something like this was done, it was done to accommodate major mechanics changes. For example, when they shifted the size of the Stars on the character page, it was in preparation of introducing the new 5* tier. When they adjusted the lazy 3* blinking, it was before the champ system was introduce.

So what do you think is the new feature?

My Guess is that it Is going to be the new "monthly subscription" supply.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is, I'm ready!
    PMtcEX1m.png?1
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    jojeda654 wrote:
    If it is, I'm ready!
    PMtcEX1m.png?1

I have about the same amount waiting. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha! I will also be paying with my google survey results rewards. Unfortunately I don't make a lot of money from those, so I'll probably just pay once, and then maybe again in 4-5 months.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm humming the words to 'Won't get fooled again'

There's nothing in the game
    Looks any different to me
    And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
    And the button on the right
    Is now the button on the left

Meet the new rewards
    Same as the old rewards

KGB
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    My WAG is for some sort of VIP status indicator.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    After the patch, the screen flashed for a second and I saw a purple button on the right of daily resupply with the word "Join".
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Monthly subscription?? What the frag is that? Are you saying this game is going to start asking for a monthly payment or my rewards suffer? If that's the case, I may finally switch to "Future Fight" or something. That game already has WAAAY more characters (Jessica Jones for one) and for like 5$ you can get a lot. I'm pretty tired of this "free" game nickel and dime-ing me to death! They still haven't adjusted ISO prices since adding a zillion 4-5*s, even though most players with even decent rosters need MILLIONS of ISO to fill their roster.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    My WAG is for some sort of VIP status indicator.

Button for VIP portal ... Similar to the resupply interface. Youve paid....see what you got...see whats coming. Didnt pay? See what youre missing!

Free re-roll of tokens for those who have paid? The ability of breaking down duplicate characters for champion purposes could be another.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    So with the move of the "Daily Resupply" tab to the left, it's pretty clear that some new button is going on the right. Upon startup today, after the IM/Cap screen and before the spinning half circles, the menu screen flashed briefly and showed a new, circular blue button with "VIP" on it. Has anybody else seen this? Any ideas/speculation on what it will be?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or maybe just that thing they sent around a survey about?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    got a screenshot?
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Sadly, no SS. It flashed very fast and I wasn't ready. Been trying to recreate it, unsuccessful thus far. It's worth noting that a friend of mine saw it a day before I did.
  • dfour24
    dfour24 Posts: 23
    I saw it as well. It was in the upper right corner and looked like it was a purple icon with maybe green lettering that said "Join VIP". It was there for a split second. Too hard to screenshot.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Join VIP. I saw it as well. So.. VIP means 10,000 extra ISO per month? Thanks... ? icon_e_confused.gif

I'm sad because I know that as much as we hem and haw about it, millions of people will toss in money for it, and it will be considered a success by the suits running the corporation.
  • to gun
    to gun Posts: 17
    I'm assuming (maybe poorly) that this is related to the survey that came out a month or so back asking if we'd spend either $9.99 or $14.99 for a monthly reward bundle. If that's the case, I wonder what the results of the survey were, and what price point it will take to become 'VIP'?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure we'll find out from an in-game announcement when it's pushed live.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I'm sure we'll find out from an in-game announcement *after* it's pushed live.

FTFY