Devs, badly needed quality of life improvement.

snlf25
snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
This particular problem has been around a long time going back to Hammer Goons but has been made even more evident by Venom Bomb. Devs, please! Please speed up the goons as they fire their powers! Some of these turns are taking are taking so long I feel like I could run to the store and eat dinner in the time it takes for them to resolve. Venom Bomb is already one of the most hated PvEs ever and everyone universally despises the symbiote goons, so at least let us get done with them as quick as we can. Or don't give the mighty Kung Fu man's covers as prizes so I have to play it. Either way. icon_e_smile.gif Thanks.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't entered yet, will tonight, but I'm dreading this pve already. All those animations and cd's. . . ugh
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I know, but top 50 gets three Iron Fist covers....we are supposed to be protected from cruel and unusual punishment by the Constitution.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will agree that the CD placement is extremely slow, possibly 3 seconds per CD, which really isn't necessary.

It looks like they sped up the flamethrower animation, so surely they can speed this up at some point as well. Thanks!
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    No animations/textual explanations option please.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also - I've noticed that the pause when a venom goon drops a CD is now accompanied by the sound that usually plays when Daken or OML heals at the start of their turn (I know, I'm a weirdo who plays with the sound on). I'm like 95% sure that didn't happen before.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not universally hated, I actually like this event a lot.

I do agree they need to speed up the animations or give us an option to skip them all together.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I hate this event for this reason. Not because the goons are difficult, but because they perform 5-6 actions per turn. With a board mover, this takes even longer due to the mover having their own abilities as well (Ares fed by 2 red/green goons, awesome!). Please, please, please update the game with a hotfix to improve the speed.
  • ScubaMD
    ScubaMD Posts: 34
    Alkyoneus wrote:
    because they perform 5-6 actions per turn.
    Which is the exact reason this event is NOT fun. Non-hero characters get _one_ power per turn, period. If that means all three fire off a single power, that's fine, but I've seen up to 10 actions happen. It was clearly not playtested and breaks all fathomable tenets of game design.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Just to chime in...yes please, allow us to either speed up the animations by a LOT (not like 25%), or an option to remove those alltogether.

Implementing it as an option will probably not happen because it affects chances from players with the option and without. HOWEVER, there would also be a quick fix to that: Turn off the animation for everyone in PVP (because PVP-grinders surely will always prefer speed), and for the more casual players in PVE, simply remove PVE ranking, and as a side effect, it won't unfairly increase non-animation players.

Soooo...pretty please, with a spider on the top!