Faster CP reaction time and animations

kyo28
kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
edited August 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Perhaps this is purely an impression from my part, but it seems that with later updates, the reaction times of the CPU (the time it takes to make a move) as well as the animations from the CPU (things like animation of attack tiles, animations of symbiotes, etc) take longer than before.

This can be very frustrating at times. For example:

* Trying to finish a last match to get that better spot or final reward and then fail to finish in time with less than a minute difference, knowing full well that you could have finished had the CPU moved faster
* Knowing you failed an event or node because you couldn't do one more match before going to work, again because the CPU is moving so slowly

Any chance of bringing the speed of the movement of the CPU up a bit? Or am I the only one experiencing such issues?

(PS: I'm talking about the iOS version, perhaps other versions are different)

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I have noticed this too. There is almost a delay after certain attacks, or a delay/dead time after a CPU character forms a countdown tile. I have also noticed some attacks, like GSBW's sniper rifle, where I "fire" the attack... and before the animation occurs and before the enemy team has taken any damage, I get the "VICTORY" screen, and then all the animation takes place. It has been weird, for sure.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I have definitely noticed this, and it has annoyed me so much. MPQ gameplay speed is so annoyingly slow, it often is the reason why I put the game aside.

Especially now in the Venom event where the goons get like 5 minutes of animations for each turn, I am spending more time on watching animations than actually playing.

If so many numbers slooowly drip from the bottom to the top of the screen. Come on devs, this is nonsense. Make the game more responsive. Often I can already try to swipe the next turn's tiles about 15 times (REALLY!) before the UI actually lets me move the tile after animations finish.

/rant
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also agree that the animations are two slow. I can literally count seconds between each time a count-down tile is created and another power is activated. I feel it's much, much slower than it used to be. There's just a pause where nothing happens.

I'm always like "Is it my turn now? Is it not yet my turn? How much longer must I wait?"

I've probably played hundreds of thousands of matches so far... I don't need tons of explanations about what's going on. I get it!
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I play on my phone (ios) and I am also experiencing the touch screen becoming unresponsive sometimes. Like, not even while goons are "firing" tiles, but even when selecting nodes to play and such. This does not happen anywhere else on my phone, so I know it is the app at fault. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    why not have an option to disable power animations?

would not really help much with symbiotes (just delete them annoying tinykitties) but would decrease the match time against most other characters.

i can disable sound, why not animations?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing for nearly 2 years, I got the timing down so that it is instinctive to know when I can swipe.

I have been having multiple instances of making a match I didn't intend, because it is slower to respond, so by the time it is active, my finger is already past the part I wanted and onto others.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    First, this.

Second, the reason there isn't a 'disable animations' button is because if a veteran has them turned off, and a rookie has them turned on (some of them are very cool), the veteran can get through matches quite possibly 5-7 minutes faster.

Third. The current Venom event (as of 8 June, 2016). "Wow." I've sat there for minutes at a time while the CPU goes through a whole litany of powers, CDT activations, and so on. It is supremely frustrating, waiting through a two minute turn.

Fourth. It is equally frustrating to wait through two minutes when I can't quit out because the AI already knows that I die at the end. Which was painful to watch, and culminated in (of all things) an 800 point Chemical Reaction.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Could we have an option to completely skip animations?

Latest update brought us SHIELD ranks and exp system. I was quite surprised to find out, that game knows exactly what's going to happen, when I make my move. On multiple occasions, I'd use a single power (or make a match), that doesn't kill the enemy team, but suddenly I get exp for completing a mission and I get to witness how some cascades finish off remaining enemies.

So the game knows, what's going to happen even before we get to see it. That means, that skipping animations, shouldn't require that much extra work.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Could we have an option to completely skip animations?

Latest update brought us SHIELD ranks and exp system. I was quite surprised to find out, that game knows exactly what's going to happen, when I make my move. On multiple occasions, I'd use a single power (or make a match), that doesn't kill the enemy team, but suddenly I get exp for completing a mission and I get to witness how some cascades finish off remaining enemies.

So the game knows, what's going to happen even before we get to see it. That means, that skipping animations, shouldn't require that much extra work.
    The devs have said they don't want to do this since it just means everyone would turn off animations and the game would lose a lot of its cool factor.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I'm not a fan of all the artificial delays either. The delays between goon powers firing is ridiculously excessive sometimes. Not sure if it's just the symbiotes, but they are definitely the worst ones.

Another suggestion is for purely passive abilities like Patch & Daken's healing and Hood's AP steal at the start of the player's turn. Go ahead and show the animation, but while the animation is playing don't prevent the player from making a move or using a power.

Also, many player powers have a short period after the animation has finished but the player is still prevented from making another move. Don't do that.