PVE scaling?

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
a few things:

1) if I have one cover of a 5* character, or even 2 separate 5* characters with low levels of covers (1-2 maybe), the scaling for PVE should not be as crazy as it is. All this does in encourage me to sell my 5* characters, it does not encourage me to buy more roster slots. Also, it makes the game a lot less fun, so I am likely to play less. I just think maybe the scaling has gotten out of control, I have a hard time reaching the 3* character reward for PVE sometimes, even if I play for hours a day

2) if there is a required character, let's say 4* lady thor, for a PVE event, and I have 1 cover of that character, obviously their level is capped. So if that character is required to play that node, and that character does not crack the top 3 on my roster in terms of level, then how can you average my 3 top characters and set the enemy levels that way? If I have 2 5* character and one high 3*, then their levels for the event may reach 260 each. But then having a required 4* that only gets raised to 165? I shouldn't face enemies of level 170 or so, and have it listed as "easy". My required character is on the team, it's lower level should be taken into consideration for the required node.

I have a lot of 4* characters with 1-2 covers each, but the high 3* characters and any 5* I have make the process of finishing PVE impossible.

Comments

• Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    You're talking to a sound-proof wall. Myself and many others have made this issue on the boards and in support tickets many times. You won't get any official response here, and the only response from the support tickets will be "We're sorry you are having a negative experience" and "We are unable to provide information about upcoming changes to the game". I suggested a trade of my 5* for some legendary tokens so I can keep playing against opponents that my team can handle, and have the hopes of drawing a 5* when my roster is able to handle it. They wouldn't even consider it.

I've gone from really enthusiastic to play this game each day, to really jaded against the devs. Maybe checking the dailies, and look through forums for any upcoming info. I have spent about $100 on the game, opening up roster spots, buying a token here and there. It ends there though, won't give these guys another penny. Took a great game and destroyed it for newer players that can't absorb a scaling issue from a 5*. The obvious rebuttal is "just sell the 5*", and my response is that I play this game to collect and develop. Trashing a rare cover for a tiny amount of ISO would remove the reason I play the game, my collect them all brain couldn't handle it. The furthest I could go is to trade it for the hope of drawing one later. With that shot down, I just trudge along slowly, ranking in the 100-200 range on PvE.

I wonder if the company realizes how much money they're slamming the door on by not doing anything about this.
  • Cad_Bane
    Cad_Bane Posts: 21
    i second that and after last update it got worst!
    the very same PvE mission that was green before I updated the game now is yellow!!!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cad_Bane wrote:
    i second that and after last update it got worst!
    the very same PvE mission that was green before I updated the game now is yellow!!!
    One of the recent observations by a developer was that locked out characters don't affect scaling, but were being included in the Trivial/Easy/Hard determination. Maybe they fixed that and didn't tell anybody?