Symbiotes Cheating

MaskedMan
MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
When only Symbiotes are left to fight I have had a couple instances where I have lost turns for no reason.

In one case I fired Embiggen Bash and it ended my turn for some reason. I can't find anything on their powers that would cause this.

In another case I could see 3 countdown tiles with countdown values of 1, 2 and 3. I knew I couldn't get to the 1 but I figured I could kill the guy before the next one fired. The first fired. Cascade. They all decrement by one. Then the next one fires without my getting a turn or being stunned. When I finally get my turn only 1 is left with a countdown value of 1. Again I don't see anything in their power descriptions to explain this sort of behavior and haven't seen this in any other event.

I can't send a screenshot as there is no way to screen shot a lost turn (for one thing its too late by the time you realize it is happening).

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaskedMan wrote:
    In another case I could see 3 countdown tiles with countdown values of 1, 2 and 3. I knew I couldn't get to the 1 but I figured I could kill the guy before the next one fired. The first fired. Cascade. They all decrement by one. Then the next one fires without my getting a turn or being stunned. When I finally get my turn only 1 is left with a countdown value of 1. Again I don't see anything in their power descriptions to explain this sort of behavior and haven't seen this in any other event.
    This could be caused by a known bug that's existed for as long as the game has...

Countdowns are processed left-to-right, top-to bottom.

If a cascade occurs during the countdown phase, a countdown tile that decremented above the current point on the board could fall to a lower position and get decremented again.

The easiest way to see this in action is with Daredevil's blue stun. When it hits 0 it re-spawns a new blue countdown tile somewhere else on the board. If that new tile is above the old tile's location, it will have the correct value. If it is spawned below the old tile, it almost immediately gets counted down by one and goes off a turn sooner than intended.

Any countdown hitting 0 can theoretically cause this behavior, but you're more likely to see it with countdowns that cause board shake such as those pesky Symbiote skills.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaskedMan wrote:
    In one case I fired Embiggen Bash and it ended my turn for some reason. I can't find anything on their powers that would cause this.
    This, on the other hand, I've never seen and it would definitely be a bug. You should also report this to Customer Support.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    MaskedMan wrote:
    This could be caused by a known bug that's existed for as long as the game has...

Countdowns are processed left-to-right, top-to bottom.

If a cascade occurs during the countdown phase, a countdown tile that decremented above the current point on the board could fall to a lower position and get decremented again.

The easiest way to see this in action is with Daredevil's blue stun. When it hits 0 it re-spawns a new blue countdown tile somewhere else on the board. If that new tile is above the old tile's location, it will have the correct value. If it is spawned below the old tile, it almost immediately gets counted down by one and goes off a turn sooner than intended.

Any countdown hitting 0 can theoretically cause this behavior, but you're more likely to see it with countdowns that cause board shake such as those pesky Symbiote skills.
    What, they still didn't fix that? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • djmishima
    djmishima Posts: 1
    I've noticed some strange things today as well.

I've had a character die during a cascade of mine. This has happened at least twice. I also noticed the other team taking extra turns without making a match 5. These irregularities only occurred during the Venom Bomb event.
  • Souldonut
    Souldonut Posts: 6
    I just ran into a symbiote issue as well.

A Carrier dropped a Symbiote Tendrils countdown tile that decremented once. When it was showing a 3, I matched it. But instead of it just going away, it changed locations, decremented and created a strike tile.

I don't see this sort of behavior in the description of the power, so I'm inclined to say that it's a bug.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like there may be some new bugs with the patch, if you can take screenshots for the dev's to see, it would help, video helps more! Once we have some real examples, it can be forwarded for investigation.