PVP Roster preferences

chaometer
chaometer Posts: 6
My tl;dr suggestion #1: Add a feature that allows you to control which 3 characters will defend against player attacks in any given tournament. For the typical 2-day events, maybe the selection could be done at the point of entry; for Season-long SHIELD sims, this could be adjusted at will (or with a short cooldown period).

I've been trying to get my head around the matchmaking for a while (casually, in the high concept sense), and when I really start getting clobbered, two questions spring to mind: 1) Which 3 characters were attacking? 2) Which of my characters were defending?

If the answer to question 2 is always literally the first 3 characters that happen to show up in my roster, that doesn't seem very sporting or strategic when a) there're multiple characters who are tied at the same level and b) a 1-cover five-star pushes all the 4s and Champion 3s out of the running. This is especially troublesome if the 5s are affecting the matchmaking levels as much as the "pros" on this board have indicated, which brings me to My tl;dr suggestion #2: allow players to shelve characters for any given event.

It makes absolutely no sense that you'd want to penalize players to the point where the "pros" suggest selling off the most valuable covers in the game just to win more. What's the point of winning when the incentive itself becomes poisonous to winning? If the point of having more characters is to get players to buy more slots, why discourage them from holding on to covers while they incubate?

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if you're unshielded, the lineup that beat you shows up in the red retaliation node.

As long as you bear in mind what OJSP said about your last winning team in an event being your defensive team, you really don't need to worry about it much. Every team is beatable by someone.