Time for DDQ 4* cover reward

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
So I checked a little history on DDQ. There were 33 3* champs at the end of cycle 1.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... ion=render

I think that means there were about 31 when DDQ was introduced.

We have, 34? 4*'s now? The problems before DDQ were the same then as they are now. Not enough iso, too many of the tier to fully cover a character, and the need to go casual for many players. It also incentivized spending HP to roster all the 3* characters. It was hailed as one of the greatest things you ever introduced to the game.

Why break the formula? 4* cover reward, you need the 4* of course to do it. Make completing the extra node award 5k iso, and call it a day.

Its PAST time D3. Keep doing what works.

Comments

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I see DDQ 4* every week at this point. I like to think they are aware of this and that we'll see something soon.

Something like this would be enough for me: Put a guarantee 4* cover as a reward for completing the DDQ. Keep the LT but add the guarantee cover the clash character. The problem here is the wait.... 5-6 months for 1 cover.
    Add the 4* essencial for pve events as reward past the 25CP. A third of the required score (42k for a guarantee Elektra on the Sim for example).

And of course make double iso the new normal (but keep doing double events) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed with OP. There needs to be a way that 3* players can get a single 4* reward that also has no possibility of being a 5*.

Looking at it, there are progression paths for 1*, 2*, 3*, and 5* tiers, but nothing for 4*. The current (once a week?) DDQ node that rewards a LT isn't progression for 3* players trying to get to 4*s: it's progression for 4* characters trying to get to 5*. It's impossible to win unless you have a fairly covered 4* - which you can't get from this event. The only other way to get 4*s for anyone who isn't in a top 100 alliance is from gradually building up CP from daily rewards. That's it. The only other possibilities are from extreme luck: extreme luck in a DDQ pull, or extreme luck with a 2* token - both of which have odds so bad they are negligible. Ironically, before they changed the 1* token to no longer give out 4*s, that was my primary source of 4*s (since 1* tokens rain from the sky) - but the odds on 2* tokens and DDQ tokens have paid off far less often. Technically you can also get lucky with a PvE timing and get a placement reward in PvE once in a blue moon as well. PvP is impossible, though.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Quick solution since they are on part of the right path with upping daily alliance bonus from 10 to 100. Double iso every pve! Oh and wait add more iso into pvp too. Double that. Put rewards at 12.5k 15k 20k for ppl who go above and beyond 10k in a season. I'm sure having a 5k iso at 12.5k and 7.5k reward at 15K and 10k iso at 20 would make a world of difference. Hence ppl gonna spend hp on sheilds to hop ad high as they can each pvp to obtain more iso in the long run.

Just my 0.02
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    mikepro wrote:
    Quick solution since they are on part of the right path with upping daily alliance bonus from 10 to 100. Double iso every pve! Oh and wait add more iso into pvp too. Double that. Put rewards at 12.5k 15k 20k for ppl who go above and beyond 10k in a season. I'm sure having a 5k iso at 12.5k and 7.5k reward at 15K and 10k iso at 20 would make a world of difference. Hence ppl gonna spend hp on sheilds to hop ad high as they can each pvp to obtain more iso in the long run.

Just my 0.02

Thing is, the people reliably hitting those numbers in a PVE will get that ISO without effort.

Those players who need to burn shields to get to 1000 in a PVE will try, and will either find they are hitting it anyway, or decide that the ISO is not worth it.

The sort of player who wants a 4* DDQ (Which I include myself as), which is the topic of the thread after all, are not necessarily equipped to get to those points for the ISO in PVP, and all the ISO in the world does not address the point of a 4* DDQ which is to provide 3-4* transitioners a reliable method of getting a specific 4* cover in the same way that the original implementation of DDQ did for 3*.

The only real argument against having one is that with the increased odds of 5* in packs, there is less point in trying to a decent 4* roster.

So, I think your idea is brilliant for helping get the high end PVP players a lot of extra ISO. Which does make it something worth considering.

Just not sure it helps the bulk of the casual player base, or the addresses the issue that the OP is trying to solve.

The OP has nicely highlighted two key points:

1) that the perfect storm of criteria that created a need for 3* DDQ is effectively in place for the 4* tier
    2) The 4* challenge every 5 days is not a suitable alternative for doing what the 3* DDQ does for that tier.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This game would be greatly improved if we had every two days a featured 4 in DDQ and then every season the 7 day long PvE needs to be double iso.

This way 3 are still the easiest to get, but 4 would be also easier to get. So it would be something like this:

3 and 4 (normal 3-team fight with the featured 4 required)
    3 and 4
    3 and LT (fight 1vs1 as is right now)
    repeat

And then 7 day events awards much less prices compared to 3 or 4 day events. The way to solve this is all this 7 day events should be double iso.

Those are very reasonable changes, they would not break the economy of the game in any way and they would help a lot.

PS: The other thing would also be scale rewards with difficulty of the node, this could be an amazing change too.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see them add 4* as long as they don't remove the 3* and we they just add another two missions for the 4*s. I'm a fairly new player (day 88 I think) and I'm getting a lot of benefit out of the 3*s. I currently have at least 1 cover for ever 3* and only have about 4 championed and those championed have at max 3 or 4 bonus levels. Because of this I will benifet from a 3* cover every day for the forseeable future. It also would be nice to be able start working on my 4*s without doing LTs, though the damage is probably already done there as I have 3 5*s currently.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

Yes, yes it [has been] is.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I can't really ever see them doing this unless they make a 6* and 7* tier because people pay good money for token packs still and 4*s are the meat and potatoes of the game. Covers have never been the biggest problem anyway and that many more covers would just make the Iso problem worse. What they need to do is add a 4* to every pve progression.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not disagreeing with the OP in any way: but for those who are complaining about the odds of Taco tokens pulling 4*, have you tried stockpiling them?

Seriously! Don't cash them in and save them. I've been doing this for a while and every time I save to 100+, I walk away with at least one of the 4* or the LT in the vault. The odds in vaults increase the more pulls you take, so you've got a better and better chance of pulling what you want the more you save.

Heck, this even works for PvE vaults! Though it takes FOREVER for them to cycle around again and new release characters don't get vaults so those tokens don't mix, but at least with vaults of only 80 and more 4* to boot, you don't even need as many tokens for a promising series.

Don't like what's in the vault? Save it till next time!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually do this. I waited until I had around 295 tokens, then in 23 pulls, I was lucky enough to get an LT.

I just waited a week or so to let them restock to around 285, and then I decided to go for it again. Around 20 more pulls, and I got then Goddess Thor.

Looking forward to doing it again in a week or so!

It's nice, because now that I'm championing my 2*s, even those pulls are pretty useful. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with the OP in any way: but for those who are complaining about the odds of Taco tokens pulling 4*, have you tried stockpiling them?

Seriously! Don't cash them in and save them. I've been doing this for a while and every time I save to 100+, I walk away with at least one of the 4* or the LT in the vault. The odds in vaults increase the more pulls you take, so you've got a better and better chance of pulling what you want the more you save.

Heck, this even works for PvE vaults! Though it takes FOREVER for them to cycle around again and new release characters don't get vaults so those tokens don't mix, but at least with vaults of only 80 and more 4* to boot, you don't even need as many tokens for a promising series.

Don't like what's in the vault? Save it till next time!

100 tokens? You get 7 tokens a week, and every week they alternate. So 100/7=14 weeks, *2 =28 weeks, which is a little over half a year.

Even then, that's only close to a 1/3rd chance of getting that 4*. I think people can complain about the odds a little bit. =P