Cover exchange for 5* if you have already maxed out a color

ChrisRocksOK
ChrisRocksOK Posts: 21
Hi guys, it's already quite rare to get 5* covers, and at the top end of the game it's quite frustrating to get, say, 5 red OML covers, have no yellow or black, and then have to sell your 6th red OML cover.

Any chance of implementing a system where, on the 6th of any particular colour, you can trade it in for a cover of a different colour? Or trade it in for a legendary token redraw at least?

It's pretty grindy at the top end of the game. This would be a pretty nice way to give something back to the players who are at the top end, as it's hard enough already getting a 5* to useful levels, and those who have already championed their first 5*s are well and truly pulling away from the pack.

Thoughts, guys?

Comments

• Bigbadman78
    Bigbadman78 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Great idea! Hate selling 5* covers. Had to sell at least 10 of them! Very frustrating. Great idea.
  • Agamotto
    Agamotto Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I agree, it would help a lot.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    My 5/5/2 Surfer approves of this idea - especially since I've sold a red and a blue one since....

In a perfect world, the 5* cover pulls are non-color specific, but we've been asking for that forever.....
  • psweiss
    psweiss Posts: 8
    Personally, I'd like to see this as an option for any card rarity, but certainly for 5* and at least consider for 4* as well. Maybe have it cost half the cp for a cover to change the color of the current cover (e.g. Black Silver Surfer + 320 cp -> Red Silver Surfer; Black Carnage + 60 cp -> Green Carnage). That way it's useful to anyone trying to make a competitive deck and still has a fair cost attached.
  • driverjoe27
    driverjoe27 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    GREAT IDEA!!!

I'd like to go a little further and say lets get rid off move/color specific 5 star covers and make them universal.

For example if you pull an OML cover you can go into your roster pull him up and apply it to whatever power of his you'd prefer.
  • Torturedsole
    Torturedsole Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Yes to this, just sold my 4th 5* cover the other day. I've only got silver surfer black and phoenix red maxxed and my last 4 5* draws out of 50-60 legendary tokens have been 3 black surfer and 1 red phoenix.
  • tymothi
    tymothi Posts: 2
    At the very least I'd like a cover exchange. Preferably, though, as someone mentioned earlier having 5 covers be non color specific would be great. One of the points of 5s is that they can be used with only a few covers. This is lost, however, when you're missing a color. I have a Phoenix that is unusable as 3/0/3 when all it would take to make her usable is to take 1 cover from any color and add it to purple.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Making 5* pulls universal is a great idea. Feel like if pull any more covers for my 140 oml I'll be selling yellow ones soon since the 1 black cover was a daily resupply.

And speaking of daily resupplies how about after let's say 3 years of playing the 5* drops come a little quicker than every 90 days. As more 5*s get released I doubt it will ever cycle around for another silver surfer at the current rate of 5* releases. I doubt it will break the game to let players into their 4th year get a 5* every 45 to 60 days.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    tymothi wrote:
    At the very least I'd like a cover exchange. Preferably, though, as someone mentioned earlier having 5 covers be non color specific would be great. One of the points of 5s is that they can be used with only a few covers. This is lost, however, when you're missing a color. I have a Phoenix that is unusable as 3/0/3 when all it would take to make her usable is to take 1 cover from any color and add it to purple.

Maybe allow respec right away instead of after championing.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I'm all for this, speaking from a 544 Phoenix, 353 oml, 435 ss standpoint with dupes - 103 Phoenix, 010 oml, 003 ss. I cannot bring myself to sell them so I rostered them hoping that if/ when I champ the main ones I can beg d3 to let me use them as champ levels, or in this scenario trade them for needed covers. Its hard to say how this will be viewed now that the odds have increased but in actuality the odds increased for pulling dupes too so...
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    I like your second idea, trading them in for a legendary. But ONLY able to use 5*s for it. I think that's most fair
  • Bigbadman78
    Bigbadman78 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    One more thing STOP EXPIRING COVERS! WE EARNED EM! WHY SHOULD THEY EXPIRE. ESPECIALLY IF YOU BUY 40PACKS. THOSE YOU BUY SHOULD DEFINITELY NEVER EXPIRE. Alright sorry for yelling but it was necessary lol. Please add NEW POPULAR BELOVED characters like Sabertooth, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Rogue, Mr. Sinister, Dr. Strange, Omega Red, Red Skull, Sentinel, Apocalypse, Cable, Ronan, Bishop, Jubilee, Black Bolt, Arch Angel. If i forgot some good ones I'm sorry. Obviously some of these need to be 5*s & 5*s in game should be professor x, mr. Fantastic(sucha atrocity what you did to him), Hulk, Magneto, Sentry, Dr. Doom. These guys aforementioned are some of the most powerful mutants. Come on. Spend that money us big spenders make you & get those rights. No more **** characters like cho hulk & new hawkeye please.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* covers should be colourless from the outset and 4* should become colourless once you have 5 covers in that colour too.
  • Please implement something? People have been reasonably asking for something like this since Jan, at least as far as I can see.

Just drew my 6th SS black. Aaargh. My last 5* draw was my 6th oml red.

I'm an avid player and occasionally by a stark to try keep up with the top players. But I'm nowhere near the top end where players have maxed 5*. My oml is at level 360, so things could be worse, but it's frustrating there's no way to keep up with people who seem to have the luck with draws...

I've drawn a 6th cover for two 5* now, when pretty much every 5* I have is unusable. I'm begging for a way to swap or trade for a useable 5* cover instead. My draw rate is ****, and I play constantly. It's killing me that after all the time I spend in the game I'll have to sell this 6th SS black token for... 2000iso. Meanwhile I still haven't drawn a single oml black or a JG purple/green to save my life. Aaaaargh...

2000iso seems such a slap in the face, given how hard it was to get that damn cover in the first place.

Hate this icon_e_sad.gif
  • image.png

image.png

Drawing a 5* should be a happy event. I'm sad icon_e_sad.gif
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahha icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

No, I just got another generic reply from D3 for my compilation. I just drew my TENTH OML black... TENTH

D3, what the actual tinykitty? If I could respec my OML by going 10/0/3 I would be happy, but instead I'm rewarded with 10k ISO for such rare draws.

How is this not addressed? Are your draw rates not nearly bad enough yet?