PVP too hard, pve takes too long, no rewards are worth it

Epok
Epok Posts: 41
This is the feedback section, isn't it? Here is my feedback.

I have been playing for almost 2 years. There was a time when I was in a top 100 pvp alliance, and it was a large time commitment. Back then there were very few 4* characters and they came out once every 3 months or so. When MPQ started releasing a 4* every month is about the time when my life got busy. Well, to be honest it didn't really get busy, I just couldnt afford 4 hours a day on the game because you were running so many PVE events for the releases of all the 4* heroes. Having a fulltime job and needing sleep makes it too hard to play every 8 hours in PVE.

So, I switched to the deadpool dailies. Having not participated in pve or pvp events my rank standing went down and every now and then I would join one and do decently. Not the worst spot to be in. Recently though I found myself short on gold because I got lucky with some draws and I needed 2k gold. So, I thought maybe I could just participate in events for a week or 2. Worst idea ever.

After my 1 easy bracket in the first pvp I have played in 2 months the matchmaking system threw me straight in with the sharks. Top guy in my bracket has 2500 points. 2500. I can't even hit 725 for the 50 gold drop because im getting squashed by people with complete 4* and 5* rosters. I "only" have all the 3* heroes covered (half of them lvl 166), I have only 5 playable 4* heroes and they are only lvl 175, and I have two 5* heroes at 1 cover each. And even when I win I encounter the same problem I've always had with the game, you get attacked faster than you can attack so you are literally wasting your time and energy.

So here I sit, under 700 PVP points. Can't even reach that 3* cover (which I don't even need).

TL;DR I took a year off from competitive play and now I can't even get back into it if I wanted to because your matchmaking system sucks and rewards aren't worth the time investment. Even if I wanted to pay money to catch up, with the economy as it is I would need to spend HUNDREDS of dollars for command points, which are only dice rolls anyway.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Fully agree. The idea that anyone needs to lose sleep over a game is ridiculous. The idea you need to spend over 20 hours a week to stay competitive is ludicrous.

4* DDQ, not the LT rewards, need to come out. I don't care about 5*'s, that's for the people who breath the game. But I do want to start progressing my 4* roster at a casual pace. The game doesn't really let you do that now. There's over 34 4*'s d3, its time.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Epok wrote:
    This is the feedback section, isn't it? Here is my feedback.

I have been playing for almost 2 years. There was a time when I was in a top 100 pvp alliance, and it was a large time commitment. Back then there were very few 4* characters and they came out once every 3 months or so. When MPQ started releasing a 4* every month is about the time when my life got busy. Well, to be honest it didn't really get busy, I just couldnt afford 4 hours a day on the game because you were running so many PVE events for the releases of all the 4* heroes. Having a fulltime job and needing sleep makes it too hard to play every 8 hours in PVE.

So, I switched to the deadpool dailies. Having not participated in pve or pvp events my rank standing went down and every now and then I would join one and do decently. Not the worst spot to be in. Recently though I found myself short on gold because I got lucky with some draws and I needed 2k gold. So, I thought maybe I could just participate in events for a week or 2. Worst idea ever.

After my 1 easy bracket in the first pvp I have played in 2 months the matchmaking system threw me straight in with the sharks. Top guy in my bracket has 2500 points. 2500. I can't even hit 725 for the 50 gold drop because im getting squashed by people with complete 4* and 5* rosters. I "only" have all the 3* heroes covered (half of them lvl 166), I have only 5 playable 4* heroes and they are only lvl 175, and I have two 5* heroes at 1 cover each. And even when I win I encounter the same problem I've always had with the game, you get attacked faster than you can attack so you are literally wasting your time and energy.

So here I sit, under 700 PVP points. Can't even reach that 3* cover (which I don't even need).

TL;DR I took a year off from competitive play and now I can't even get back into it if I wanted to because your matchmaking system sucks and rewards aren't worth the time investment. Even if I wanted to pay money to catch up, with the economy as it is I would need to spend HUNDREDS of dollars for command points, which are only dice rolls anyway.

jump into a pvp with 90 mins or less left and get a new bracket and sell off your 5 stars it will drop your rating.. dont see why your short on gold if you dont play PVE you wont get new people so what you spending your gold on.

if you skipped as many pve as you said you did then you should be put into a noob bracket meaning you dont have to play that much maybe 4 grinds on each nod. but maybe you think you should get the rewards for doing less.

sadly they dont care cause there are 10 more people who will play and dont complain when you do (not an insult to you just saying)
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I stopped playing most PvP. The 7 day events are too much for PvE
  • technoid
    technoid Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    same here:( i will quit MPQ cuz i cant do anything right now in PVP after that JOKE new matchmaking i cant even hit 725 score ,before the new matchmaking i could get sometimes even a 1000 score, now im done time to quit its begin to be pure pay2win:( sadly to say but i used to love play this game.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    technoid wrote:
    same here:( i will quit MPQ cuz i cant do anything right now in PVP after that JOKE new matchmaking i cant even hit 725 score ,before the new matchmaking i could get sometimes even a 1000 score, now im done time to quit its begin to be pure pay2win:( sadly to say but i used to love play this game.
    I agree with most of what your saying about pvp being a bit on the insane side. I can hit 1000 without shielding typically but the placement rewards are massively out of hand. That 1000 points will typically net me rank 75ish and if I don't shield I will probably get bumped down about 500 points.

The key is playing before the 8 hour countdown starts as this is when the Rankers push since the 8 hour shield is not to expensive. Use the app boosts and pray.

Pve is all about throwing every other event. Get in your slice and do the first node with your worst team. Take as much damage as you can while still winning and take as many turns as possible. That will put you in a really low bracket for the next event.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, i dont do PvP becuase enemies are powerful, sometimes more than i am. By powerful i mean it takes time to defeat them... time that can be spent somewhere else. There should be some system that reflects the difficulty of oponent or time spend while beating him.

I would prefer if participants (covers you are using) got XPs at the end of the fight equal... lets say to 1% of damage inflicted (maxed 3* has 10 000HP -> 100XPs for killing him). This could greatly reflect time investment, fight difficulty, and it could also help with leveling covers, especially 4* and 5* ones.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I got about 3 top5 finishes in PvP recently - never getting more that 700 points (noob brackets, I guess) so in latest 3 events top players in my brackets had rosters full of 5* covers.

Oh, I should probably mention that right now I'm slowly working on building 2* heroes (2x lvl 70s so far). Love that matchmaking.