C/D Fist of Fury should trigger SuperSonic

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
what do you think? I vote yes, it would almost make quicksilver an average 3 star character.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Nay.

I offer a counter plan. Supersonic instead adds x damage per extra locked tiles after the first 4.

Ta Da.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Or Supersonic can trigger twice if 8 locked tiles are present
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    Or Supersonic can trigger twice if 8 locked tiles are present

Really? I will have to try this out. Never thought of this before.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    This seems like it should be a no brainer if there are already 4 locked tiles on the board. I haven't paid any attention, but I'm kind of surprised that this is not already the case.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quicksilver is perfectly fine as it is, though I like the idea of damage based on locked tiles' amount with a minimum of 4.

My simulator is scaled to 330+. I saw that 4hor and Storm are both boosted so I had good success with those two and IM40 in most nodes, but still got squished by the hardest node. No problem! Maxed Jeanbuster will take care of it. Nope, squished as well. Ok, ok, Quicksilver is boosted so let's go Quickfinite (QS+PX+IF). Crushed the node repeatedly barely losing any HP every game. Respect the 'silver, yo.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    No, I like chaining quicksilver green with the reduced ap cost with locked tiles. He's one of my favourite 3* characters after the retool. He works well with so many characters, and actually feels quick now.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Absolutely no. Quicksilver's whole point is to keep as many locked tiles on the board as possible so you can use his cheap powers as often as possible. Activating Supersonic is the last thing you'd want to do except in very specific circumstances.
  • LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    I'd put current Quicksilver as one of the higher tier 3*s. I don't know why you think he needs a buff. It is a bit weird how his green interacts with blue when you already have 4 locked tiles anyway but all you need to do is match a blue then if you feel like you're wasting a locked tile.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Ok, ok, Quicksilver is boosted so let's go Quickfinite (QS+PX+IF). Crushed the node repeatedly barely losing any HP every game. Respect the 'silver, yo.

Wait...how is that an infinite?
    I can see doing extra damage with PX with IF's purple...but where does QS fit into it?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahhh, I hadn't factored in the AP gain from the 5 match. That sounds kinda interesting, actually.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahhh, I hadn't factored in the AP gain from the 5 match. That sounds kinda interesting, actually.

It is! And you really only need to make a 5-match of black or purple to get enough black to be set for the game, especially if there are 3 or more locked tiles out. And you can get started pretty quick: if you boost black at the beginning you only need 2 black matches (or two purple and get lucky with Iron Fist) and a blue match (which can be made by the opponent). But it is better if you wait until there's at least 2 locked tiles on the board.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yep Quicksilver infinite is extremely fun. It's not as reliable as GSBW's and takes a bit longer to get going, but figuring out how to get match-5 from swapping tiles is fun and satisfying. Putting the puzzle back in Puzzle Quest.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    If black isn't your highest colour for that team, try Mystique instead. Takes waaaaaaaaay longer without the Master Plan damage, but it's a fun puzzle keeping the opponent locked out.
    The only thing is, for the man who should be fast, it's can take a lot of pausing for thought for making the right move.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Or put quick with 3 mags and IF. That team is deadly once you get purple and black going.

Quick is underrated in my opinion when you pair with the right people.