2* champion expansion

Dex 007
Dex 007 Posts: 13
First off, thank you for the most recent changes. All but the 5* is appreciated, and I'm sure those who've been playing longer appreciate that.

However, as a day 107 player I'd like to throw out an idea about the 2* champion track. At this stage of things I'm more about collecting the 3* covers and the fact that there are only thirteen 2*'s out there means that you can only get covers for about a third of them with the champion mechanic.

What if each 2* could reward one of 3 different characters when the 3* cover rewards are reached. I'm picturing a system where the colors you have 5 of in the 2* character determines which 3* character you get at that time.

So for example: Bagman is attached to Classic Spidey, Squirrel Girl, and Doc Ock and you hit level 99 with him. If you were currently at 5/4/4 you'd get Spidey, 4/5/4 you'd get SG, etc. If you had two at 5 you would get one of the two corresponding covers (50/50 chance).

I think this would then cover almost all of the 3*'s. We would gain a mechanic we'd have some control over (by respeccing the covers to change the 3* reward during the trip to 144). And it could be implemented without requiring any UI coding/changes; just a simple cover check before handing out the reward.

What do you all think?

Comments

• Dex 007
    Dex 007 Posts: 13
    So I took a crack at assigning all 3*'s a 2* predecessor starting with the excellent information provided by sidlon, aesthetocyst, et al. in the champion rewards thread.

I forgot that I didn't have Bagman rostered so there are actually more 2* predecessors than required (3x14 = 42 vs 40) and every current 3* could have a path from 2* champion rewards.

I tried to make as many of the relationships as logical as I could. The Defenders/Netflix crew were tough as they didn't have any 2* representation. I'm by no means a Marvel trivia expert but it's just for example purposes anyways.

Screen%20shot%202016-06-04%20at%201.12.05%20PM.png

edit: the existing 3* color rewards are probably not in the right order as I put them separately, but again, example purposes only.