What Grinds My Gears - Simulator Edition

2»

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    That the Cap node essential has me fighting falcap, but I can't use either of my Thors against Lthor. Makes zero sense.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    What grinds me is that every character in the left side/essential nodes has 13 covers regardless of their level.

So it says 'easy' and they are only 50-70% of the level of my boosted characters but they do 5X the damage because they are max covered and my boosted characters most definitely are not. When I see a L76 FailCap set to do 4K damage with his Red that's not easy (I have only 1 character who can deal that). Nor is a L100 Blade adding 2 red strike tiles of +70 every turn and following that with 2 purple attack tiles of 200+ (he wiped a team of 3 L150+ characters on his own by turn 10ish thanks to a red board and lots of red drops).

Maybe if my best characters were boosted rather than random characters I have under covered it might be an easy fight. Right now it's just ridiculous.

KGB
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The scaling + the combination of characters is badly unbalanced on this event. The first round had very tough teams plus the tough scaling.

The third round features a lot of crippled teams (we don't need no stinken' offense) that still stink even though badly scaled. Characters like Mr and Mrs Fantastic are just irritants, not really dangerous, but they can take forever to kill.

It doesn't seem much thought is given to the match-ups other then power color combinations.

As far as why 3* nodes would be scaled higher than a 4* node, that is obvious to most players. Most players don't have full rosters. They may have all 3*s with most at 13 cards but they won't have every 4* maxed out, most have a few built up and a bunch of "one card wonders" so they need the node scaled down.

Not every player is a hard core multi-year veteran. Remember story mode is supposedly the place for players with weaker rosters to be able to play.
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    It's not even hard, plus loads of ISO, all gravy baby
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    The XDP/4Thor/RHulk node is beyond disgusting. That node SHOULD be one-and-done, but grinding it is a health pack sink.

At least the new character is mediocre enough that only getting one or two covers won't be a let-down.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    The XDP/4Thor/RHulk node is beyond disgusting. That node SHOULD be one-and-done, but grinding it is a health pack sink.

At least the new character is mediocre enough that only getting one or two covers won't be a let-down.

I completed it once and I'm not going back. Unless you play a perfect match with a great team, you get stomped. I used IM 5* with 2 covers, 3* champed Thor, Champed OBW, and I needed call of the storm then carnage symbiote scythes at my last turn to win.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was in 45th place with 60 mins to go and though WOOO top 100.. come back 3 hours later and see i taken 102 missed 100 by 300 pts

that is after taking top 100 day 1 top 50 day 2....
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    rbdragon wrote:
    Why can't we use the same character as the ones we battle? If it's a SIMULATOR, they aren't "real" characters anyway, so our "real" versions should be usable!

This. A ridiculous design choice that doesn't actually fit what's happening in the event at all.

I preferred the old style Simulator maps, too. Current ones are so vanilla they're just boring.